ACR Hot Shot Signal Mirror -
The Hot Shot Signal Mirror/Whistle Combo assures that you are seen and heard. The unique aiming device lets you be sure you're aiming the light beam at your target. Essential signaling devices for open water and back country boating.
Here's how it works (and the instructions are right there on the back of the mirror):
1. Hold the back of the mirror close to one eye.
2. Reflect sunlight into your hand.
3. When you look through the inner hole in the mirror a red spot will be visible.
4. Move the red spot to the target and that shows you where you are signaling. The red spot is an optical illusion created by the red reflective material that surrounds the inner hole in the mirror.
The dual tone whistle gives a piercing blast of sound that can be heard over a long distance. It's attached to the mirror with a bright yellow lanyard. The attached float will save the unit if you drop it overboard.
- Designed to provide optimum sighting "spot" with holographic red dot viewing window
- When target image, mirror and sun are in proper alignment, red dot on target ensures mirror reflection is on target
- Patented whistle (meets USCG) for audible alerting in low visibility conditions
- Lanyard for securing to person or liferaft
- Buoyant float for easy recovery if dropped overboard
- Simple, total safety signaling package
- Telescope quality second surface reflective mirror is bright, provides focused image
The ACR Hot Shot Signal Mirror is designed to provide optimum sighting spot and comes with a float and whistle. The second surface mirror is telescope quality for a bright, focused image. The buoyant float is bright yellow for easy location and the whistle meets USCG standards for audible alerting in low visibility conditions. Size: 4.25'' x 2.75'' x .19''. Weight: 1.8 oz.
Sighted signaling mirror with float and whistle.