Adirondak Mtn Club The Catskill 67 - A Hiker's Guide to the Catskill 100 Highest Peaks under 3500' -
The Catskill 67: A Hiker's Guide to the Catskill 100 Highest Peaks under 3500'. Alan Via provides a wealth of information on a previously overlooked group of peaks: the Catskill 67. In this hiker's guide to the lesser-known peaks of the Catskill 100 Highest, Via provides routes to the summits--on trails, woods roads, or bushwhacks--with keen observations and a wry sense of humor. Complete with nine regional maps, four-color images, GPS coordinates for trailheads and difficult road intersections, and a large-format, comprehensive map of the Catskill 100 Highest region. Peaks are rated for view, interest, difficulty, and bushwhack. Page maps, mileages, and difficulty ratings.
- Book is broken down into 9 regions - showing nearby biking, mountain biking, XC skiing, camping, paddling, and fishing opportunities.
- Includes a 'Peak Finder' map that shows where all the mountains are located.
- 9 Regional Maps - custom designed for the book.
- About The Author - Alan Via grew up in rural NY state. As a youth he loved fishing in the mountains and exploring with a map and compass. He is an ADK 46er and a Catskill 35er. He is one of the few who have climbed the 100 highest peaks in The Catskills and The Adirondacks and has climbed all in winter. This book is the culmination of what he always wanted in a guide book but could never find. So he did it himself. He has also hiked in the Canadian Rockies, Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Arizona and California.
- Indexed for your convenience
- Trailhead and parking info
- Mileages and difficulty ratings
- GPS coordinates
- Year - 2012
- ISBN - 9781931951081
- Beautiful photos
- Pages - 191
- Binding - Paper