Peregrine ADK Adirondack Trail Guide Central Region - The Adirondack Trails: Central Region describes 97 public-access trails in the area roughly defined by Long Lake in the northwest, Speculator in the southwest, Warrensburg in the southeast, and Exit 29 on I-87 in the northeast. Trails range from short trips for novices to ascents of the highest peaks in the region.
- Details the latest on hiking and camping regulations, Leave No Trace principals, and backcountry safety
- Edited by Laurence T. Cagle-, who hiked every trail in the region over the course of four years
- Book measures 7 x 5 inches
- 200 pages
- Numerous page maps, plus 33 x 20 inch topographic trail map supplement
- Includes information on getting to the trail, trail distances, descriptions of terrain features, and suitability for winter ski and snowshoe use