Adventure Lore Press Trail Life - Ray Jardine's Lightweight Backpacking - 25 000 Miles of Trail Tested Know How -
This could be the most important book about backpacking that you will ever read. There are a few names that have revolutionized the sport of backpacking, Ed Garvey, Colin Fletcher, Harvey Manning and of course the Master of lightweight backpacking Ray Jardine. Ray's book 'Beyond Backpacking' revolutionized long distance backpacking by showing hikers how to cut the weight out and exploding myths about heavy equipment. Much of the lightweight backpacking equipment and styles today were inspired by Ray and his groundbreaking book. Now long out of print Ray and his erstwhile hiking partner and wife Jenny have revised and updated that classic book with Trail Life. Trail Life is chock full of lightweight hiking ideas that will further revolutionize the sport. Written in a kinder, gentler style, Trail Life will be the new standard reference book for the sport of backpacking. If you plan to hike the AT, PCT, CDT or ADT not buying this book would be just silly. And if you have ever thought your pack weighed too much on a week long hike well then this book can help you too.
- Each section is broken down into many chapters that cover all aspects of long distance lightweight hiking
- Publisher - Adventure Lore Press
- This is the most comprehensive long distance hiking guide ever written
- ISBN - 9780963235978
- Hundreds of color photographs
- Year - 2008
- How to make you own gear
- Pages - 399
- Indexed for convenience
- Nutrition tips
- Written by the acknowledged master of long distance hiking
- The author and his wife have hiked well over 25,000 miles and all the well known trails as well as a myriad of other trails. Their experiences will prove to be an invaluable guide for those who love to hike and those who seek the solitude of the woods.
- Author - Ray Jardine
- Binding - Paper