AJA Video KONA LHe Plus HD-SDI / Analog Video Capture & Playback PCI Card -
KONA LHe Plus from AJA is a broadcast-quality PCI card for Mac and Windows systems that offers an HD/SD-SDI input, dual SDI outputs and a full complement of analog video and audio input & output connections via an included breakout cable. The card features genlock input and performs 10-bit down conversion from HD to SD. Because conversion is hardware-based, it's available upon both capture and playback.
Featuring BNCs for analog component, composite and S-Video input & output, KONA LHe Plus supports an extremely wide variety of video systems. For instance, you can capture from an HDV deck or even a game console. For analog video connections, analog-to-digital conversion is 12-bit, for the highest-quality capture and playback. You can configure the dual SDI outputs independently of each other for SD or HD, so you can output to both a high-def and a standard-def monitor at once.
The PCI-Express I/O card supports most professional editing software programs for Mac and Windows systems, including Apple Final Cut Pro 7, Color and Motion; Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop; Autodesk Combustion, The Foundry Nuke, Sony Vegas and Eyeon Fusion. KONA for Mac drivers integrate within the native software application being used, whether Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, or any other supported application.
Likewise for Windows systems, supplied AJA plug-ins integrated the card into a variety of applications, making KONA-driven features appear to be native to the host application's interface. Moreover, for Windows systems the included AJA Machine software includes full VTR machine control with access to any supported file format/video standard.
- You can play back and master material, at a variety of frame rates, on a high-resolution wide-screen monitor or digital projector. Custom AJA software allows full control over your playback parameters, which are clearly laid out, including provisions for choosing a user-specified LUT
Support and Cushioning:
- KONA for PC software includes a standalone powerful capture / playback application, AJA Machina, that includes full VTR machine control with access to any and all KONA supported file formats, video standards and hardware conversions, presented in a very cool and easy-to-use interface
- KONA Desktop is available on the entire range of KONA cards, supporting Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Apple Motion, Apple Shake and more
- KONA for PC software allows Windows to access the hardware power of your KONA card within major editing and graphics applications. Other software vendors have also provided integrated support for KONA in their own PC applications through direct collaboration with AJA
- Machina supports all KONA for PC formats, including DVCPRO HD, QuickTime, DPX and many others. Files captured from Machina can be imported into virtually any software package that supports these file formats, such as compositing programs, 3D animation programs, audio editing programs and much more
- Directly supported applications include Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk Combustion and Eyeon Digital Fusion
- Machina has great desktop preview features that allow you to preview your files full screen on your desktop display at various zoom levels, creating an alternative for frame-by-frame viewing when no additional monitor is available
- In addition Machina allows you to apply 1D LUTs on output, to output video + key for monitoring or mixing and to key in static graphics (on selected KONA cards)
- Supplied AJA plug-ins integrate your KONA card into a variety of graphics/visual-effects software applications to make operations even easier to use. Using AJA plug-ins, sophisticated features appear as if they were native to the software application user interfaces
- KONA for Mac software integrates within the native environment where used - whether Apple Final Cut Studio, Adobe Creative Suite, or several other major Mac applications
- AJA KONA for Mac drivers are optimized for use on OS X, with applications and advanced AJA hardware capabilities controlled easily and at a glance in the application you're using
- KONA Desktop Enhances All Mac Applications: The KONA Desktop feature allows broadcast design elements to be viewed with the proper aspect ratio and color depth on a broadcast monitor via the KONA card