Akai RPM500 Bi-Amplified Studio Monitor with Proximity Control -
Engineered for meticulous reproduction of even the most complex modern music, Akai Professional's RPM500 studio monitors easily handle layer after layer of sound, providing critical detail and the tools needed to mix with confidence. The fast Kevlar cone provides lucid low-end agility, reproducing intricate bass patterns with ease. It's authoritative sound for the craft of music production, only from Akai Professional.
It offers pure and accurate frequency response from 50Hz to 30kHz. The 90-Watt distributed Class A/B provides the woofer and tweeter dedicated amplification-80 Watts to the woofer, 40 Watts to the tweeter-meaning you get ultra-efficient power and minimal distortion. The flared rear-firing bass port delivers low-frequency depth and definition.
The Akai RPM500 Bi-Amplified Studio Monitor with Proximity Control also features HF Trim, MF Boost and LF Cutoff controls, which allow you to find the right balance in any environment. The included monitor isolation pad dramatically decreases structure-borne resonances and the integrated radio frequency protection preserves signal purity. RPM500 includes XLR, balanced 1/4" TRS and RCA inputs.
The Akai RPM500's cabinet is painstakingly reinforced to minimize flex, combating unwanted coloration while blocking anomalies and sound artifacts from polluting your mix. The no-compromise build quality is reflected even in components you'll never see such as the recess-mounted amp, on/off transient protection and 14-gauge wiring to transducers. RPM500 also features a built-in output current limiter, over-temperature limiter and subsonic filter-a full array of top-notch components that you can't see but make all the difference in the purity that you hear.
- Flared rear-firing bass port delivers low-frequency depth and definition
- Recessed amp mounting, external heat sink and 14-gauge wiring to transducers
- 40-Watt silk-dome tweeter with 1.25" (31.7mm) voice coil
- XLR, balanced 0.25" TRS and RCA inputs
- 90-Watt distributed Class A/B amplification provides ultra-efficient power with minimal distortion
- On/off transient protection and external mains fuse
- 50-Watt 5.25" (133.3mm) woofer with 1.5" (38.1mm) voice coil and high-damping rubber surround
- Output current limiter, over-temperature limiter and subsonic filter
- Proximity Control for low-end tailoring
- Integrated radio frequency protection plus magnetic shielding preserves signal purity
- Pure and accurate frequency response from 50Hz to 30kHz
- HF Trim, MF Boost and LF Cutoff controls allow you to mix in any environment