Alesis M1Active 520 5" 2-Way Active Nearfield Studio Monitors Pair -
The Alesis M1Active 520 is an active 2-way studio monitor, sold as a pair. This modestly priced speaker offers 75 Watts of bi-amplification, powering a magnetically shielded 5" woofer and 1" tweeter, all housed in a flashy, minimal-resonance, bass-ported cabinet, replete with a cleverly mounted combination power switch and clip light.
The rear panel of the M1Active 520 is equipped with the above-mentioned Bass Port, a set of frequency control switches for fine-tuning in a given acoustic environment, a Gain control knob, professional XLR and 1/4" connectors and a dual-voltage switch for the AC power supply. The M1Active 520 ultimately represents an solution for project and commercial recording or video production facilities.
- 1" thick front baffle virtually eliminates speaker resonance
- Acoustical waveguide for superior imaging with minimal diffraction
- 5" low frequency woofer for clear bass and midrange
- Hi, mid and low frequency EQ switches to accommodate user preference and sub-woofers
- Magnetically shielded for close placement to video monitors in computer-based music production studios
- Top mounted, integrated power switch/clip light bar
- Rear port design provides deep bass extension and increased SPL
- High-precision drivers offer lower distortion and smoother frequency response
- Bi-amplified design / tweeter - 25W, woofer - 50W for ultra accurate frequency separation
- XLR and 1/4" TRS input connectors with volume control
- 3/4" silk dome tweeter for smooth, detailed highs without harshness
- Low frequency density switch for acoustic space adjustment of the monitors