Alpen Books The Pacific Crest Trail -
The Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail runs for 2650 miles from the Mexican border to Canada through the mountains of California, Oregon and Washington. This book contains a complete set of detailed maps and route description divided into 101 sections. With information for planning a short hike or a thru'-hike. This is a very detailed guide by a man who has thru hiked the PCT 3 times. There are many pictures illustrations and maps.
- Filled with useful information
- Binding - Paperback - laminated
- Includes schedules for hikes of different durations
- ISBN - 9781852845889.
- Broken into convenient sections
- Publisher - Cicerone Press Limited
- Year - 2010
- Pages -384
- Brian Johnson - Brian is an inveterate walker, having completed the PCT three times, backpacked round the coast of Britain, hiked from the Atlantic to the Mediterranean across the Pyrenees and also completed all the Scottish Munros in a single summer. A retired physics and sports teacher, he is also a keen cyclist and canoeist and has led groups climbing and hiking in Britain, the Alps, the Pyrenees and California.
- Contains useful address'
- Good info for European hikers too
- Good overview of the trail