• Studio Lighting Anywhere, The Digital Photographer's Guide to Lighting on Location and in Small Spaces, by Joe Farace.
• Offering a streamlined approach to creating studio-quality images, from backdrops to lighting, Joe Farace instructs photographers on selecting the gear that provides the most value and requires only minimal storage space.
• Emphasizing portability and ease, Farace also provides techniques for using small flash units to create big portrait-lighting effects. Also included is a demonstration on the use of green-screen technology to digitally superimpose on the image any desired type of background, thereby eliminating the need to buy and store dozens of unique backdrops.
• Once each piece of gear is finally in place, more advanced demonstrations include lighting placement, adjusting lights to suit each unique subject, and metering them for correct exposure.
• Lessons also include creating classic portrait-lighting effects and tips on posing subjects, as well as a final walk-through of the postproduction phase and troubleshooting common challenges.
About the Author:
Joe Farace is a monthly columnist for Shutterbug magazine, He also holds the Photographic Craftsman's award from the Professional Photographers of America.