Appalachian Trail Guide to Tennesse - North Carolina - Take a walk, a long walk on the AT! This book is the official guide to 296 miles of the Appalachian Trail from the Virginia line near the town of Damascus, through the Roan Highlands of northeastern Tennessee and along the North Carolina border all the way through Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- The book includes descriptions of the route (unidirectional format), along with natural and cultural history
- All maps have GPS-checked elevation profiles
- This is the longest stretch of high-elevation terrain of the whole 2,174-mile footpath
- Illustrated in cooperation with the Appalachian Trail Conference
- The detached topographical, shaded-relief maps include a four-map set (on two sheets) scaled at 1:63,600 with 100-foot contour intervals for the stretch north of the park and the five-color, two-sided map of the park at 1:62,500 published by National Geographic Trails