Appalachian Trail Thru-Hiker's Companion -
The 2014 Appalachian Trail 'Thru Hikers' Companion is a great asset for any thru hiker or potential thruhiker. Also useful in planning shorter trips or day hikes The Companion has the latest details on the Appalachian Trail. The Appalachian Trail Conservancy and the Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association collaborate each year on a guide especially designed for potential thru-hikers who want the basic information for a five- to six-month trek in the woods, at a reasonable price, but also want the adventure of finding out the extras for themselves. Edited by Robert "Sly" Sylvester, with research by more than three dozen thru-hiker volunteers in 14 states, backed by the first-hand information of the Trail's volunteer and staff maintainers and managers and extensive information from the 2014 A.T. Data Book.
- Weight = 11 oz.
- State by State guide
- Edited By - Robert "Sly" Sylvester
- Shower locations!!!!
- Pages - 312 -6"x9
- Binding - Paper
- Year - 2014 -21st Edition
- Indispensable for thru hikers and day hikers
- Professionally drawn Elevation Profiles
- 20 more town maps than before
- Restaurant Listings - Food Stores & Delis - Hostels
- Post Office listings - Outfitter Info - Hotels & Motels
- ISBN - 9781889386867
- Publisher - Appalachian Trail Conservancy - ALDHA
- Toll Free numbers
- Town Maps - Distances - Charts - Services - Elevations