Archival Methods Drop Front Box 1.5" 16.5x20.5" Gray -
The Archival Methods Drop Front box is perfect for storage of prints, photos, art and similar mounted or unmounted documents that are best stored flat. This style of box is also well-suited for digital prints musical scores, pamphlets, letters and newspapers.
Metal Edged boxes incorporate the following enhancements, embossed labeling areas on end and side of top cover to neatly, large radius, rounded "soft corners" on the drop-front for added safety in handling delicate or fragile ephemera and top cover edges have scalloped finger grips at the long dimension for easy opening.
- Metal edge clamps are corrosion treated in black polyester coating with a wax-free polyester finish on the blind side.
- Alkaline or neutral sizing are used. No alum rosin or rosin sizing are used.
- Made from fully bleached, high alpha cellulose pulp. It does not contain any post consumer waste recycled pulp. Paper is free of metal particles, waxes, plasticizers, residual bleach, peroxide, sulfur content is less than 0.0008% reducible sulfur.
- Made of heavyweight Archival Grade boxboard.
- Board will not degrade and cause harm to artifacts stored in boxes made from this paper.
- Paper passes the PAT (Photographic Activity Test) ISO 14523 formally ANSI IT9.16
- Metallic Impurities, Iron will not exceed 150 ppm and copper shall not exceed 6 ppm. No optical brightening agents are used in the pulp.
- The lignin content is measured by the phloroglucinol test with a Kappa number of 5 or less.
- Color dyes are light-fast and non-bleeding.
- Metal-edged drop-front boxes consist of a removable top and a bottom with a hinged "drop front" panel at the long side.
- Paper contains a minimum of 3% calcium carbonate (CaCO3) with a pH range 8-9.5
- Clamps provide rigidity and high stacking strength.
- Surface of the paper is smooth and free from knots, shives and abrasive particles.