Archival Methods Flat Short Top Box 5.5x11.75x6" CD Storage Black -
The Archival Methods Flat Short Top Box are often called as "Archival Shoe Boxes". The box is ideally used for Safely storing CD's. They are also commonly used for storage of small specimens such as mineral samples.
- The short top boxes have removable, close-fitted tops to seal out dust and insects.
- Metal edge clamps are corrosion treated in black polyester coating with wax-free polyester on the blind side.
- Alkaline or neutral sizing are used. No alum rosin or rosin sizing are used.
- Made from fully bleached, high alpha cellulose pulp. It does not contain any post consumer waste recycled pulp.
- Board will not degrade and cause harm to artifacts stored in boxes made from this paper.
- Paper is free of metal particles, waxes, plasticizers, residual bleach, peroxide, sulfur content is less than 0.0008% reducible sulfur.
- Embossed labeling areas on box end and lid front neatly, accurately and consistently locate and position standard pressure-sensitive (PSA) identification label.
- Metallic Impurities, Iron will not exceed 150 ppm and copper shall not exceed 6 ppm. No optical brightening agents are used in the pulp.
- Short top boxes are manufactured from .040 and .060 tan-finished, acid- and lignin-free Archival Grade boxboard.
- Surface of the paper is smooth and free from knots, shives and abrasive particles.
- Paper passes the PAT (Photographic Activity Test) ISO 14523 formally ANSI IT9.16
- Color dyes are light-fast and non-bleeding.
- The lignin content is measured by the phloroglucinol test with a Kappa number of 5 or less.
- The paper contains a minimum of 3% calcium carbonate (CaCO3) with a pH range 8-9.5
- Clamps provide rigidity and high stacking strength.