Archival Methods Metal Edge Short Top Box 5x8" Cards/Stereos 10.5x8-1/8x5-1/8" Tan -
The Archival Methods Metal Edge Short Top Box are often called as "Archival Shoe Boxes" . The box is ideally used for Safely storing cards/stereos. They are also commonly used for storage of small specimens such as mineral samples.
- The short top boxes have removable, close-fitted tops to seal out dust and insects.
- Metal edge clamps are corrosion treated in black polyester coating with wax-free polyester on the blind side.
- Alkaline or neutral sizing are used. No alum rosin or rosin sizing are used.
- Board will not degrade and cause harm to artifacts stored in boxes made from this paper.
- Made from fully bleached, high alpha cellulose pulp. It does not contain any post consumer waste recycled pulp.
- Metallic Impurities, Iron will not exceed 150 ppm and copper shall not exceed 6 ppm. No optical brightening agents are used in the pulp.
- Embossed labeling areas on box end and lid front neatly, accurately and consistently locate and position standard pressure-sensitive (PSA) identification label.
- Surface of the paper is smooth and free from knots, shives and abrasive particles.
- Clamps provide rigidity and high stacking strength.
- Color dyes are light-fast and non-bleeding.
- The lignin content is measured by the phloroglucinol test with a Kappa number of 5 or less.
- Short top boxes are manufactured from .040 and .060 tan-finished, acid- and lignin-free Archival Grade boxboard.
- Paper passes the PAT (Photographic Activity Test) ISO 14523 formally ANSI IT9.16
- Paper is free of metal particles, waxes, plasticizers, residual bleach, peroxide, sulfur content is less than 0.0008% reducible sulfur.
- The paper contains a minimum of 3% calcium carbonate (CaCO3) with a pH range 8-9.5