Archival Methods Metal Edged Hinged Lid Box 4x6" or CD 7-5/8x5-5/8x5-3/8" Tan -
The Archival Methods metal edged Hinged Lid box is ideal for storing CD's and similar shaped items. They are also useful for general purpose archival storage of appropriate specimens, samples, art objects and the like.
- Metal edge clamps are corrosion treated in black polyester coating with a wax-free polyester finish on the blind side.
- Alkaline or neutral sizing are used. No alum rosin or rosin sizing are used.
- Made of heavyweight Archival Grade boxboard.
- Board will not degrade and cause harm to artifacts stored in boxes made from this paper.
- Made from fully bleached, high alpha cellulose pulp. It does not contain any post consumer waste recycled pulp. Paper is free of metal particles, waxes, plasticizers, residual bleach, peroxide, sulfur content is less than 0.0008% reducible sulfur.
- The lignin content is measured by the phloroglucinol test with a Kappa number of 5 or less.
- Color dyes are light-fast and non-bleeding.
- The paper contains a minimum of 3% calcium carbonate (CaCO3) with a pH range 8-9.5
- Hinged lid boxes have undercut front panels so contents can be easily filed, sorted or sifted.
- Embossed labeling areas on box end and lid front neatly, accurately and consistently positions a standard pressure-sensitive (PSA) identification label.
- Metallic Impurities, Iron will not exceed 150 ppm and copper shall not exceed 6 ppm. No optical brightening agents are used in the pulp.
- Clamps provide rigidity and high stacking strength.
- Surface of the paper is smooth and free from knots, shives and abrasive particles.
- Paper passes the PAT (Photographic Activity Test) ISO 14523 formally ANSI IT9.16