Archival Methods Onyx 11x14x4" Portfolio Box 11.25x14.25" Black Buckram / Black Lining. -
The Archival Methods Onyx Portfolio Boxes are often the best choice where presentation is as important a factor as storage and protection. This is particularly applicable for photographs, prints and similar art work that are in what we might call live storage, regularly presented or viewed but safely housed in between.
Portfolio boxes have the appeal of being "lockers" that converts to a "stage." Ruggedly constructed and well sealed, Archival Methods portfolio boxes flip open to provide a handsome, complimentary background that enhances and frames the contained works.
Lining and Layers:
- Box core is Kappa binder's board (0.1), a bookmaking board with no glue between layers.
- Lined with 80 lb. acid- and lignin-free paper.
- Close-tolerance construction to keep out dust.
- Covered in library quality F-Grade Buckram (poly-cotton) with a moisture-resistant, 100% aqueous acrylic coating.
- An additional and important benefit is that photos, transparencies or documents are subject to less physical handling compared to storage in conventional boxes, further reducing any risk of damage.
- All portfolios are hinged along the longest sides.
- Hinged design allows top to fold open and lie flat, providing easy and instant access; this design, moreover, facilitates transfer of stored items from one side to the other for smooth and professional presentation.
- More specifically, works in portfolio boxes can be edge-handled with fingers never touching the surface of the work.
- Reinforced hinge.
- PAT tested and passed.
- Adhesive is pH balanced and buffered, <.0008% sulfur content.
- Strong hinge section withstands repeated opening and closing.
- Portfolio boxes are ideal for storing matted or un-matted prints.