Archival Methods Onyx 20x24x3" Portfolio Box 20-1/8x24-1/8" Black Buckram / White Lining. -
The Archival Methods Onyx Portfolio Boxes can turn a simple presentation into a real professional demonstration of your art. The hinged top folds flat and provides a convenient "bay" where viewed work can be placed. The interior design also allows your work to be edge handled thereby minimizing any potential damage from frequent handling of the pieces.
The box seals well and can be used for storage. However, when presentation is the key issue, the box turns into a working "stage" where prints can be viewed and then safely moved to the other half of the box. The Onyx Portfolio is made for those who need to show their work with great frequency. It is safe for matted and un-matted prints. It should be noted that the hinge runs along the long side of the box.
- Close-tolerance construction to keep out dust
Lining and Layers:
- Box core is Kappa binder's board (0.1), a bookmaking board with no glue between layers
- Lined with 80 lb. acid- and lignin-free paper
- An additional and important benefit is that photos, transparencies or documents are subject to less physical handling compared to storage in conventional boxes, further reducing any risk of damage
- All portfolios are hinged along the longest sides
- Strong hinge section withstands repeated opening and closing
- Reinforced hinge
- Hinged design allows top to fold open and lie flat, providing easy and instant access; this design, moreover, facilitates transfer of stored items from one side to the other for smooth and professional presentation
- Works in portfolio boxes can be edge-handled with fingers never touching the surface of the work
- PAT tested and passed