Archival Methods Onyx 8x10x2" Portfolio Box 8.5x10.5" Black Buckram / White Lining. -
The Archival Methods Onyx Portfolio Boxes are often the best choice where presentation is as important a factor as storage and protection. This is particularly applicable for photographs, prints and similar art work that are in what we might call live storage, regularly presented or viewed but safely housed in between.
Portfolio boxes have the appeal of being "lockers" that converts to a "stage." Ruggedly constructed and well sealed, Archival Methods portfolio boxes flip open to provide a handsome, complimentary background that enhances and frames the contained works.
Lining and Layers:
- Lined with 80 lb. acid- and lignin-free paper.
- Box core is Kappa binder's board (0.1), a bookmaking board with no glue between layers.
- Close-tolerance construction to keep out dust.
- Covered in library quality F-Grade Buckram (poly-cotton) with a moisture-resistant, 100% aqueous acrylic coating.
- An additional and important benefit is that photos, transparencies or documents are subject to less physical handling compared to storage in conventional boxes, further reducing any risk of damage.
- More specifically, works in portfolio boxes can be edge-handled with fingers never touching the surface of the work.
- Hinged design allows top to fold open and lie flat, providing easy and instant access; this design, moreover, facilitates transfer of stored items from one side to the other for smooth and professional presentation.
- Strong hinge section withstands repeated opening and closing.
- Portfolio boxes are ideal for storing matted or un-matted prints.
- Adhesive is pH balanced and buffered, <.0008% sulfur content
- PAT tested and passed.
- Reinforced hinge.
- All portfolios are hinged along the longest sides.