Archival Methods Three Ring Binder Box 12.25x13.25x1.5" Black -
The Archival Methods O Binder Box combines the protection of an archival quality, metal edged box with the utility and convenience of a ring binder. The box is well-suited for acid free photo storage, filing and storing. Can also be used for genealogical records and other collections one might otherwise store in binders. The BinderBox lends itself to "active storage" of collections that are archived but are open to researchers or students.
- Alkaline or neutral sizing are used. No alum rosin or rosin sizing are used.
- Made from fully bleached, high alpha cellulose pulp.
- Board will not degrade and cause harm to artifacts stored in boxes made from this paper.
- Made of heavyweight Archival Grade boxboard.
- The 1.5" O-ring provides the organizational capabilities of a binder while the box enclosure provides much greater protection from dust, dirt and other pollutants than does a standard ring binder. Accommodates most standard 3-ring page formats up to 10.5" X 12.5".
- The paper contains a minimum of 3% calcium carbonate (CaCO3) with a pH range 8-9.5
- Rust proof black metal corners provide stacking strength.
- Embossed labeling areas on box, accurately and consistently locate and position a standard pressure-sensitive (PSA) identification label.
- Surface of the paper is smooth and free from knots, shives and abrasive particles.
- Paper passes the PAT (Photographic Activity Test) ISO 14523 formally ANSI IT9.16
- It does not contain any post consumer waste recycled pulp. Paper is free of metal particles, waxes, plasticizers, residual bleach or peroxide. Sulfur content is less than 0.0008% reducible sulfur.
- Color dyes are light-fast and non-bleeding.
- The lignin content is measured by the phloroglucinol test with a Kappa number of 5 or less.
- Cutaway side provides easy access for page turning. The clamshell design offers double wall protection.