Arc'teryx Altra 85 Backpack -
The Arcteryx Altra 85 LT Pack is an expedition pack that is loaded with technological advancements that allow it to comfortably carry heavy loads over all kinds of terrain. Ice axes, 8 days of food, oxygen tanks and the entire first season of 24 on DVD, it can effortlessly haul them all with the help of the pivoting Load Transfer Disc™. The pear-shaped Altra design holds the pack close to the body, to limit load movement and allow for extended comfort. The Wingman™ side pockets are accessible without removing the pack to prevent constant stop-and-go. The Altra 85 also offers a number of other "quality of life" features like a U shaped kangaroo pocket and a dual-zippered lid. Comfort, convenience and all-out hauling power.
FEATURES of the Arcteryx Altra 85 AR Pack.
SPECIFICATIONS of the Arcteryx Altra 85 AR Pack.
- Double-pull, easy open collar cordlock systems
- Extendable top lid and extension collar create additional space for large loads
- Extendable collar with drawcord adds capacity to the main compartment for handling large loads
Support and Cushioning:
- Suspension is bonded directly to the pack body for comfort and stability; features twin removable aluminum stays for reliable load support
- Dual 6005 T-6 extruded aluminum stays provide structure and support for heavy expedition-style loads
- Rotating Load Transfer Disc™ lets the hipbelt pivot, following your natural movements for agility and stability
- Thermoformed, triple-density hipbelt promotes airflow and evaporative cooling
- Top-loading pack design also features a full-length, inverted-U zipper, allowing quick access to the main compartment through the front panel
Weather and Wind:
- Large front kangaroo pocket provides quick access to a rain jacket or puffy
- Rotating Load Transfer Disc effectively transfers weight to the hips, allowing you to comfortably shoulder heavy loads
- U-shaped zipper for easy access
- Removable and expandable top lid comes with 2 zippered compartments and a map pocket
- Side access zipper to get to your stuff quickly when you need to
- Access and organize via dual Wingman pockets, dual chamber lid, kangaroo pocket, and U-zip front panel access
- Mesh waist-belt pockets keep trail essentials close at hand
- Wingman easy-access pockets allow you to grab gear with one hand while you're on the move
- 2 stretch-mesh side pockets with elastic drawcords secure your water bottles or snacks
- Large front Kangaroo pocket for frequently used items
- Front kangaroo pocket is perfect for stashing gear you may need in a hurry
- Gridlock shoulder straps and waist-belt adjust in height and width for a fully personalized fit
Lining and Layers:
- Anatomically shaped shoulder straps feature a core layer of perforated, air-permeable foam lined with breathable mesh for next-to-the-skin comfort
- Straps feature Hypercell foam and a Spacermesh lining for improved stability and ventilation
- C2 (composite construction) system
- N210r-HT nylon 6, 6 ripstop N500p-HT ATY nylon 6, 6 silicone treated with PU coating N100mr-HT nylon 6
- Silicone- and polyurethane-coated pack body is made of 100-denier Invista HD Mini Ripstop™ nylon and 210-denier Ripstorm™ nylon
- Burly nylon ripstop fabrics have a silicone coating that's resistant to water, snow, and dirt
- 4 compression straps and padded compression wings let you cinch down your load for jostle-free carrying; micro daisy chains let you lash on gear
- The Arc'teryx Altra 85 pack features a padded bottom, Hypalon™ trim and reinforced high-wear areas to bolster durability
- Breathable suspension system is carefully designed to create a direct link between spine, suspension and bag to improve comfort and range of motion while reducing fatigue
- Back panel sits away from back and provides ventilation
- Hydration bladder compatible
- Features a hydration-reservoir sleeve with port and hose clip for the drinking tube (reservoir sold separately)
- Hydration sleeve can be accessed externally for easy refills (reservoir not included)
- C²Suspension System utilizes high-density foams laminated to a quick-dry back panel—this system keeps the pack close to your body for greater efficiency and reduced load movement
- P'ax ice tool carry system keeps ice axes securely stowed
- 6 mini ripstop 6005-T6 extruded aluminum M-bar stays HD 80 foam Hypercell foam, Stretch Mesh
- Double chamber top lid for easy gear organization and access
The Arc'teryx Altra 85 L Backpack is an expedition sized pack that carries heavy loads comfortably for long periods over rough terrain. All packs in the Altra family feature a Load Transfer Disc that pivots to increase agility and stability on rough terrain. The Altra 85 also uses 210D nylon ripstop throughout the body of the pack. This material is a high density single ripstop fabric coated with silicone to shed moisture and increase waterproofness. Incredibly durable and tear resistant, this pack is ready for anything.
If your backpacking trips require you to measure the time in weeks and count the miles in the hundreds, it's probably time to invest in the Arc'teryx Altra 85 Backpack. The C² Suspension System reduces fatigue and load movement by keeping the pack close to your body, which allows you to move more efficiently and safely on technical terrain with a heavy load. The top lid can be extended to accommodate extra-large loads, and the burly silicone-coated nylon fabrics provide unmatched durability.
Oregon Mountain Community
The Arc'Teryx Altra 85 backpack is a top choice for five-plus days out in the backcountry. This pack was designed to carry heavy loads over long periods of time on varied terrain.
Bring the Arc'teryx Altra 85 pack on your next extended-range sojourn. This cavernous pack combines an advanced suspension system with a sturdy frame and light materials.