Arc'teryx Quintic 38 -
Arc'teryx designers poured untold amounts of energy into perfecting the lowered, wide, and flat shape of the Quintic 38L Backpack. This shape specifically accommodates the movement patterns of skiers and snowboarders. Stable and predictable when fully loaded with your avalanche safety gear and winter kit, this bag serves as the ideal companion for medium-range backcountry tours and skin treks that are a little closer to home.
- 38 mm / 1.5 inch webbing hipbelt
Weather and Wind:
- Front tool compartment loads from the top with organizers for shovel / handle, probe, and snow saw
- DWR (durable water repellent) coating helps repel water
- The Arc'teryx Quintic 38 snow pack features a top pocket for skins and goggles; a side water-bottle pocket and a top-loading tool kit compartment with sleeves for each item
- Ergonomically yoke shaped shoulder straps are comfortable, secure, and stable
- Removable framesheet contained inside an anatomically patterned sleeve that conforms to the curve of the back when fully loaded
Support and Cushioning:
- Removable, molded foam back panel for support
- Horizontal frame stays help this pack retain its shape, provide additional support for heavy loads, and improve frame strength
- Hypurcel foam and LD60 foam back panels cushion your upper and lower back in order to reduce stress under heavy loads
- Side zip access allows you to reach into the main compartment while you're on the move
- Internal and external zippers are made from high quality #5 and #8 zippers, both designed to withstand heavy forces
- Zippers & Fly Configuration
- Panel loading main compartment with front U-zip access and organizational slots
- Secondary storage compartment with external side zipper access, and alternative access from inside the main compartment
- Top pocket with internal organizer pocket and key fob holds skin or goggles
- Top pocket designed specifically to hold skins and goggles for quick access
- Two top pockets store skins, goggles, keys on integrated clip; internal security pocket fits phone, wallets
- Dual Wingman pockets one accesses the main internal compartment, the other fits a water bottle or gloves
- External strap configuration fits A-frame, diagonal carry of skis, split; horizontal and vertical carry for snowboard
- 500 denier Cordura nylon exterior for durability
- 2-Way Stretch Double Weave
- Highly durable shell materials resist heavy abrasion and punctures
- 200D Plain Weave Polyester
- 840D Nylon Ballistic Matt
- Padded, low-profile shoulder straps
- Hydration bladder compatible via Hydroport
- Hydration hose slit and internal reservoir pocket makes it simple to carry water and route your hydration system (water bladder not included)
- Internal hydration pocket with hose clip and HydroPort exit
- Pack Suspension Configuration
- 500D Cordura
- US shipments only
- Low, wide, flat, streamlined shape keeps the bag's center of gravity as close to your body's center mass as possible so the bag moves with you while you ski or ride
- Side-load main compartment is easily accessible in transit; separate compartments keep shovel, safety gear, food and extras balanced and organized
- Unique teardrop shape places the bulk of the load at the hips
- Pro skier Eric Hjorleifson had a part in designing the Quintic 28, which is the smaller version of this pack
- Lowered, flat pack body centralizes the load around your core to distribute weight and keep it low in the lumbar area; narrow top and wide bottom center weight on the hips
- Hypercell foam
- Separate compartments help keep gear sorted, easy to access and balanced during travel; individual attachment points hold full-face or half-shell helmets and poles
Oregon Mountain Community (Fall 2013)
The Arc'teryx Quintic 38 Backpack is a stable, burly, and comfortable backcountry pack perfect for day touring. With it's flat, tear-drop shaped design the Quintic anchors pack contents around your lumbar, keep your center of gravity low. The Quintic 28 excels at not only carrying standard backcountry supplies, but comfortably navigating mountainous obstacles while carrying skis.
The Arc'teryx Quintic 38L Backpack - For everyday use, an efficient, steadfast partner for backcountry and close-to-area tours. Lowered, wide and flat body of the pack shapes into a lumbar roll that holds and transfers load through the body's centre of gravity. Stable, predictable, with easy access to transition items and main compartment while in transit, this is a skier's/snowboarder's tool kit. Separate compartments keep shovel, safety gear, food and extras balanced and organized. Large enough to accommodate necessities for day toures, works well when under-loaded. Straightforward.
The Arc'teryx Quintic 38 snow pack is an efficient load carrier for the backcountry. It's designed for snow, yet underscores the idea that a backpack is an everyday tool, not a specialized accessory.
FEATURES of the Arcteryx Quintic 38 Pack.
SPECIFICATIONS of the Arcteryx Quintic 38 Pack.
Sierra Trading Post
Spacious enough for extended day tours, the Arc'teryx Quintic backpack offers stable support with its teardrop shape and has easy side access to the main compartment.