Arc'teryx Fission SL Jacket -
The Men's Fission SL Jacket is the lightest weight, fully waterproof, fully insulated jacket that Arc'teryx offers. Perfect for all your technical, cold weather needs.... but I can't stop thinking about how great this winter jacket would be at a tailgate. Standing by a grill in style and warmth, eating burgers, drinking a beer or two and listening to the game. Or high-alpine mountaineering, trying to drink a completely frozen beer or two. The shell is waterproof/breathable GORE-TEX® and the insulation is Arc'teryx exclusive Thermatek™ (non-quilted, it eliminates cold spots). The laminated pit-zips facilitate effortless venting and temperature control. From the mountain top to the parking lot, the Fission SL will get the job done.
FEATURES of the Arcteryx Men's Fission SL Jacket.
SPECIFICATIONS of the Arcteryx Men's Fission SL Jacket.
- Integrated fitted collar panel for added warmth and comfort
- N40p-X Gore-Tex 2L 2.7 oz ThermaTek insulation
- Micro seam allowances cut down on weight and bulk
- Insulated, helmet-compatible hood that cinches with one-handed drawcords
- Helmet-compatible, insulated and adjustable hood features a laminated brim
Weather and Wind:
- DWR-treated waterproof nylon Therma Tek insulation
- Supple yet durable waterproof/breathable Gore-Tex provides excellent weather protection
- Fully taped micro seams
- Fission SL is engineered for cold and damp conditions; it's ideal for the stop-and-go pace of skiing and riding
- Gore-Tex® fabric breathes while blocking wind and water; all seams are sealed for 100% protection with tiny Gore seam tape
- WaterTight full separating two-way front zip
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- Pit zippers prevent overheating and internal moisture buildup during physical intervals or in warm conditions
- Snap closure on bottom of zip
- Laminated handwarmer pockets with water-resistant zippers; 2 large, internal, drop-in mesh pockets
- Underarm zips
- Two zippered hand pockets, two internal mesh dump pockets
- Chin guard with brushed microsuede facing for added comfort
- WaterTight Vislon centre front zipper, bottom hem drawcord
- N40p-X nylon and 2-layer Gore-Tex Pro
- Non-quilted Thermatek insulation is waterproof and bonded to the lining fabric to eliminate cold spots
- Constructed with exclusive laminated Thermatek™ non-quilted insulation; it offers downlike softness, warmth and breathability, and it continues to insulate when damp
- Features single-hand-adjustable drawcords at hem and hood, and laminated die-cut rip-and-stick cuffs
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps bead water from fabric surface
- Drop back hem
- Floating hem draw cord provides a snug closure
- Smooth inner face-fabric allows for easy layering
- The Arc'teryx Fission SL jacket features an athletic, hip-length fit
- Athletic fit (trimmer than a regular fit)
- Laminated pit zippers allow for faster venting
- Compressible and packable
- Articulated elbows
- Gusseted underarms
- Die-cut Velcro cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off
What do you get when you fuse luxury fabrics and revolutionary construction from a company that likes to push forward the evolution of outdoor apparel and set new industry standards? You get the Arc'teryx Men's Fission SL Insulated Jacket, an incredibly lightweight yet durable waterproof, insulated jacket that has evolved to thrive under hard and prolonged use in the harshest alpine conditions. It is the lightest- weight waterproof, insulated jacket that Arc'teryx offers.
Arc'teryx engineered the jacket's NP40p-x face fabric to be incredibly durable and water-repellent while remaining extremely lightweight. It's laminated it to a Gore-Tex Pro fabric to create a highly breathable, lightweight, and durable waterproof fabric made for the most extreme conditions and use. Arc'teryx's Therma Tek insulation is treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish that keeps it from absorbing water if it's exposed to moisture. In an innovative construction process, the insulation is bonded to a tough nylon lining to create one consistent layer of warmth that leaves no cold spots that could otherwise be caused by insulation clumping. The jacket is sealed up by a high-tech watertight Vislon 2-way front zipper that keeps water out without the need for bulky storm flaps, and allows you to open the jacket from the top or bottom for easy access. One-handed drawcords at the hood and a drawcord at the hem allow you to cinch up, and the high collar on the hood, with soft brushed microsuede lining, provides full coverage to protect your neck and chin. Once you've battened down the hatches, you can always dump excess heat through the underarm zip vents. The hood is large enough to cover a ski or climbing helmet, and is designed to move with your head so you always maintain a full field of vision. The overall streamlined athletic fit and low-bulk profile of the jacket, along with anatomical shaping, articulated elbows, and underarm gussets, support agile movement so you're not restricted when you have to contort with ice picks to get to your destination. Large internal mesh pockets with wide top openings can hold your water bottle and supplies while zippered hand pockets hold smaller essentials as well as warm your hands.
Get it all with the Arc’teryx Fission SL Jacket. Nothing was spared when it came to the construction of this bombproof coat, as Arc’teryx threw all their best materials and technology into this model. While it is ridiculously lightweight, don’t let its extreme packability fool you; it is also fully loaded with all kinds of waterproofing, breathability and insulation to protect you against the most dastardly winter conditions. The articulated and gusseted arms enable you to enjoy full range of motion for maximized functionality no matter what kind of weather you must endure. Overwhelm nature with a fury of performance delivered by the Arc’teryx Fission SL Jacket.
The lightest weight, fully waterproof, insulated jacket in the line, the Arc'teryx Fission SL jacket offers both warmth and waterproof protection. Pit zips and hood extend use as conditions demand.