Arc'teryx Alpha SL Hybrid Jacket -
Never again will you be caught unprepared as long as you are packing the Arc’teryx Alpha SL Hybrid Jacket. We all have a need to travel light, but still remain ready for those ill-timed monsoons, and the answer is finally here. This storm shell is super light, but includes an insane amount of waterproofing and durability so you can whip it into action even if you are currently dangling from a wicked rock face. As an insurance policy against nasty weather, the packable Alpha SL Hybrid Jacket compresses to a minuscule size so that you can stash it anywhere. Supreme Gore-Tex protection and the helmet compatible Speed Hood defend against the harshest of downpours. Lock out moisture with the laminated die-cut Velcro cuffs, hem draw cord, and quick-dry chin guard. Don’t worry about this jacket riding up when you reach for your next handhold as he underarms are gusseted. Speaking of pits, stay ventilated by unzipping the pit vents so things don’t get too muggy. When the rains begin to unleash their fury, fight back with all the rugged, lightweight, waterproof intensity of the Arc’teryx Alpha SL Hybrid Jacket.
Weather and Wind:
- Tiny GORE seam tape (13 mm)
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- e3D Ergonomic 3-Dimensional patterning for enhanced comfort and mobility
- WaterTight Vislon front zip
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- Molded zipper garages
- Very compact, lightweight Gore-Tex fabric with Paclite fabric technology body reinforced with Gore-Tex 3L in high wear areas
- Hem drawcords prevent updrafts and heat loss
- Drop back, laminated hem
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps bead water from fabric surface
- Swept, laminated hem cinches tight with one-hand pull-cord
- Composite Gore-Tex materials to enhance functionality and performance
Lining and Layers:
- Athletic e3D patterning provides room for three layers while facilitating movement
- Generous cut for easy layering
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Helmet-compatible Storm Hood rotates without blocking vision
- Laminated underarm WaterTight™ zippers for easy ventilation
- WaterTight pit zippers permit rapid ventilation; two hand pockets
- Gusseted underarms for freedom of movement
- Laminated chin guard
- One-hand adjustable drawcords
- Laminated die-cut Velcro cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off
- Compressible and packable
- Articulated elbows
- Adjustable elastic waist drawcord
FEATURES of the Arcteryx Men's Alpha SL Hybrid Jacket.
SPECIFICATIONS of the Arcteryx Men's Alpha SL Hybrid Jacket.
The Arc'teryx Alpha SL Hybrid Jacket for Men is designed for hikers and climbers pursuing more aggressive objectives, featuring extra-durable GORE-TEX Pro Shell in the shoulders and underarm gussets, with lightweight GORE-TEX Paclite on the body. Designed to deliver complete emergency weather protection without excess bulk, this compact jacket is exceptionally light but with added durability.
Oregon Mountain Community (Fall 2013)
The Arc'teryx Alpha SL Hybrid Jacket combines GORE-TEX® Paclite® 2L and also GORE-TEX® Pro Shell 3L in high abrasion areas. With highly compressible, breathable and waterproof protection this jacket has an athletic fit along with a range technical features.
Super lightweight, compressible, waterproof and windproof jacket designed using two composites of GORE-TEX® textile for added durability in high-wear areas (Durable GORE-TEX® Pro Shell in the shoulders and underarm gussets, with lightweight GORE-TEX® Paclite® on the body).
Designed to deliver complete emergency weather protection without excess bulk, this compact jacket is exceptionally light but with added durability.
Easily compressible and packable for travel.
Laminated high-strength hanger loop.
Tiny GORE® seam tape (13 mm).
Gender specific patterning.
and patterning for unrestricted mobility.
No-lift gusseted underarms.
™ with adjustable drawcords.
WaterTight™ external zippers with molded zipper garages.
Laminated die-cut hook-and-loop cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off.
Laminated, drop back hem with adjustable drawcord.
Two hand pockets with WaterTight™ zippers (please note: WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but NOT waterproof.)
100% nylon N40r GORE-TEX® fabric with PacLite®.
Machine wash warm, tumble dry medium.