Armada Agent Avalung Backpack -
The Armada Agent AvaLung Backpack provides the same streamlined avy tool organization and carrying capacity you have come to expect from Black Diamond. "Wait I thought this was Armada?" You might say, perplexed by this shake up. But in fact you have read right, the Agent Avalung is designed as a collaboration between these two fine companies. Remember, the Avalung may increase your chances of survival in case of a slide, but it definitely does not guarantee them. The best way to stay protected is to stay inside and play FIFA Soccer 2014 all day - no, but seriously take a class and make sure you are properly equipped before you get out on the untracked.
- Padded shoulder straps, padded back, and waist strap give you a just-right fit and offer comfort and carry support
- Tough, durable nylon and ballistic nylon fabric stands up to seasons of use
- Insulated hydration sleeve and pocket stashes your hydration bladder (bladder not included)
Weather and Wind:
- Avalung system helps you breathe under the snow and extends your fresh-air supply from roughly 15 minutes to 58 minutes, which gives your friends a better chance of finding you in time
- Large, zippered front panel opening allows quick access to your shovel and probe
- Dedicated avy-tool organizer pocket keeps your gear snug and in place
- Unique ski-carry cable carries your skis diagonally while you bootpack up a steep couloir
- Tuck-away helmet carrying sling stashes your noggin-protector
- Main compartment holds your skins, spare puffy, and munchies
- Place the Avalung's mouthpiece into your mouth before you descend (Avalung won't help you breathe unless you have the mouthpiece in before a slide happens)
Yummm ... the terrain outside those sidecountry gates looks mighty appetizing as you strap your skis diagonally onto the Armada Agent Avalung Backpack. Unlike other packs that just stash your avy gear and other small backcountry essentials, the Agent comes equipped with a built-in Avalung. If you find yourself caught and buried in a slide, the Avalung pulls oxygen from the surrounding snowpack and expels CO2 through the pack's bottom exhaust port to help keep you breathing while your touring buddies locate you.