Arri True Blue ST5 5000W Studio Fresnel Hanging (120-230VAC) -
The Arri True Blue ST5 5000 Watts Studio Fresnel, Hanging (120-230 V AC) updates a well-known industry standard. Feedback from respected lighting professionals combined with great advances in technology enable Arri to present a selection of Fresnels with over 30 new improvements for studio lighting.
The tilt lock has been improved by using a stainless steel friction disc that locks tight. This eliminates the danger of the fixture suddenly tilting downward when heavy, front-mounted barndoors or softboxes are in use. In addition, a stirrup center adjustment allows the head to slide until its center of gravity is either at or near the tilt lock. This assures a better balance and easier adjustments.
When fitted with a 5000 watt bulb (available separately), this 5 kW fixture will provide a 5.6' (1.7 m) diameter beam of 707 fc from a distance of 29.7' (9 m) at full spot. At full flood (same distance) it will provide a 92 fc beam 36.3' (11 m) in diameter.
Weather and Wind:
- Meets IP23 standard suitable for indoor use or outdoor use providing a degree of protection against falling rain (up to a 60deg. angle from vertical)
- Soft contour makes it comfortable to carry
- Cleaning is made effortless with smooth lamp housing surfaces
- Stirrup mounting slides can be adjusted to counterbalance all accessories
- Routine maintenance and repair are easier with fast, simple access to all internal components
- Patent-pending connector and strain relief rotate to allow the cable orientation to be quickly adjusted for hanging or stand mounting
- CE declaration and independently assessed TUV certification
- The laser cut hexagonal safety mesh maximizes light transmission and is tough enough to withstand location abuse
- The stainless steel friction disc locks the lamphead securely even with the largest Chimera or other accessories
- Pressure die cast and extruded aluminum components have reduced the overall weight of True Blue fixtures without any sacrifice in quality or durability
- Extruded aluminum is stronger, lighter and less bulky but still permits full fixture rotation
- Many components now offer greater strength and resistance to corrosion
- Improved (optional) barndoors are stronger and less susceptible to bending
- New hinge design maintains constant tension and may be easily adjusted