Asics GEL-DS Racer 9 -
Right out of the box, the Asics Women's Gel-DS Racer 9 Running Shoes cuddle up to your feet and gives them a great big hug. Now, that might sound a little like pandering to your comfort zone, but that couldn't be further from the truth for this race-bred road runner. Everything about this shoe is designed to feel close, responsive, and lightweight, the ideal formula for a 6.2 ounce shoe designed to conquer marathons and long-distances foot races. Slip this shoe on your foot and immediately you'll notice that the heel fit is a little narrow, the midfoot wider, and the forefoot is surprisingly accommodating for a variety of foot shapes and sizes. The 10mm drop (heel-forefoot offset) is moderate, which puts your foot in a position that feels similar to a traditional road running shoe―this allows you to switch between heel, midfoot, and forefoot striking as needed.
Every foot strike feels cushioned thanks to a Gel pod at the heel; Asics' Trusstic midsole construction and Solyte midsole material smooth things out as your roll through your stride. The Racer 9 delivers a little support with its DuoMax Support system that provides a touch of medial pronation control without adding significantly to the weight of this shoe. One last detail bears mentioning, and it's the ventilated Magic Sole outsole that delivers both traction and fresh air for your toes.
Asics divides its road and trail shoes into different collections, and the Racer 9 falls firmly into the Speed Collection. Within this collection, it is most like the speedy Gel-Noosafast; the Racer 9 weighs a little more, but it's also more cushioned and supportive. Designed to hug every curve of your foot and help it on its way, the Racer 9 is the ideal balance of comfort and performance for long-distance road racing.
- DuraSponge forefoot outsole material is comprised of a blown AHAR rubber for superior cushioning and long-lasting wear.
- Solyte midsole material and Rearfoot Gel Cushioning
- Dual-density DuoMax midsole is specifically positioned for running to enhance support and stability.
- Solyte midsole is lighter than standard EVA and SpEVA designed by ASICS. Its responsive nature delivers a supremely cushioned ride and makes it highly durable.
- Lightly padded tongue and collar for added comfort and performance.
Support and Cushioning:
- Lightweight synthetic overlays provide structural support.
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning system attenuates impacting shock and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Highly breathable mesh upper.
- Drainage ports on the outsole expels excess moisture.
- Magic Sole
- 10mm drop (heel-forefoot offset)
- Foam insole supplies light underfoot plush.
- Trusstic System reduces overall weight of the sole unit, while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.
- Update to the GEL-DS Racer 8 (no longer available) .
- A lightweight neutral racing shoe.
The ASICS GEL-DS Racer 9 shoe delivers extra support in a racing shoe. This women's trainer combines support and comfort in a racing platform with a responsive road feel. The secure-fitting upper and dual-density midsole of the ASICS GEL-DS Racer 9 shoe are ideal for longer racing distances and marathons.
The ASICS® GEL-DS Racer® 9 is perfect for the runner looking for extra support in a racing flat for 5k runs to marathons. . Mesh upper offers breathability. Solyte® midsole features enhanced cushioning and durability. Trusstic System® reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity on the shoe. Rearfoot GEL® Cushioning System attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance. DuoMax® Support System is positioned to enhance support and stability. Removable insole. Wt. 6.2 oz. This product can be shipped to US addresses ONLY.
Attack the course in the ultralightweight and swift performance of the ASICS GEL-DS Racer 9!