Asics GEL-DS Trainer 18 -
The Asics Men's GEL-DS Trainer 18 Running Shoe feels snappy and lightweight, just like a training shoe should. An ounce lighter than the previous model, this short-to mid-distance runner is stocked with the features generally reserved for flagship-model shoes. You get a midsole that feels smooth and responsive, a fit that contours across the top and sides of your foot from heel to toe, seamless construction to eliminate any opportunity for blistering, and Asics-own Propulsion Trusstic technology for tons of speed through the end of your stride. Take this shoe to the gym, run sprints, hammer out sets of hills, or just get your distance in for the day.
- Plush tongue and collar for added comfort.
Support and Cushioning:
- ComforDry sockliner offers light cushioning for comfort and is treated to repel the bacteria that cause funky odors
- Built for the mild underpronator to moderate overpronator who requires a combination of enhanced cushioning and stability.
- Moderate-to-high 10mm drop is ideal for heel strikers or runners who prefer a little extra heel cushioning
- Heel Clutching System is a heel-counter support that helps center your heel and midfoot during foot strike
- Dynamic DuoMax Support System uses dual-density midsole cushioning (Solyte) to provide support during foot strike and stability throughout your transition from heel to toe
- Dynamic DuoMax System increases stability and support with reduced weight and enhanced platform comfort.
- Impact Guidance System (IGS) is Asic's design methodology that uses linked support, cushioning, and performance technologies and structures too complement and enhance your natural gait
Weather and Wind:
- Seamless upper feels smooth by eliminating seam bulges that can rub against your foot and cause chafing and abrasion
- AHAR (ASICS High Abrasion Rubber) is known for its supreme durability and is strategically placed throughout high-wear areas of the outsole.
- Heel Clutching System is made up of an exoskeletal heel counter that promotes an improved fit and increased support.
Lining and Layers:
- Guidance Line technology employs a vertical flex groove that decouples the tooling along the line of progression for maximum stride efficiency.
- Asics's High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) is highly durable material that ensures maximum traction and outsole lifespan
- Seamless upper construction helps reduce the likelihood of irritation.
- Breathable fabric lining for a great in-shoe feel.
- Guidance Line is a combination of midsole and outsole design that uses a vertical flex-groove to add flex to these structures so you can achieve the most efficient foot strike
- Solyte midsole is lighter than standard EVA and SpEVA designed by ASICS. Its responsive nature delivers a supremely cushioned ride and makes it highly durable.
- Propulsion Trusstic engineering uses a web of material through the midsole to mimic the connective tissue in the foot and create tension which delivers explosive energy through toe-off
Traction and Grip:
- Wet Grip outsole is constructed of a mixture of organic and non-organic compounds, designed to enhance traction on wet surfaces.
- Successor to the GEL-DS Trainer 17, SKU# 7882004.
- 10mm drop (heel-forefoot offset) means that your heel is higher from the ground than your toes, which offers a more traditional running shoe sensation
- Lightweight synthetic overlays.
- ComforDry sockliner offers antimicrobial properties for a drier, healthier environment.
- Gel-DS is designed for runners in need of correction for mild underpronation to moderate overpronation
- I.G.S (Impact Guidance System) is an ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike through toe-off.
Settle in for a lightweight, supportive ride with the ASICS GEL-DS Trainer 18 shoe. This men's running shoe features a breathable mesh upper with an innovative Clutch Collar System™ for a comfortable fit. The Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.) enhances the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off; a dual-density DuoMax midsole lends support and stability. The abrasion-resistant WET GRIP rubber outsole of the ASICS GEL-DS Trainer 18 running shoe provides reliable traction and lasting durability.
Packed with performance features and a striking new design, ASICS GEL-DS Trainer 18 running shoes have the looks and the technology for top performance. A seamless upper construction offers a smooth fit that won’t irritate your feet. The Heel Clutching System™ gives in-step comfort and support for a secure gait.
Upper: Seamless upper construction provides a smooth and comfortable fit. Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment. Contains reflective materials designed to enhance visibility during low-light hours.
Midsole: Propulsion Trusstic mimics connective tissue in the foot by creating tension as the foot enters propulsion stage. A DuoMax support system positioned to enhance support and stability. Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.) employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off. Heel and forefoot GEL cushioning systems attenuate shock during impact and toe-off phases, allowing movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle. Lighter Solyte midsole compound than standard EVA increases cushioning and durability. A ComforDry™ sockliner gives cushioning performance and anti-odor properties for a cooler, drier, healthier environment.
Outsole: Wet Grip outsole made from a special blend of organic and non-organic components, designed to enhance traction even on wet surfaces. Guidance Line vertical flex grooves decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
Punch up your run in the lightweight plush and stable design of the GEL-DS Trainer 18 from ASICS!