Asics GEL-Lyte33 -
The lightest shoe in the ASICS 33 collection, ASICS GEL-Lyte33™ shoe employs a host of featherweight features designed to promote natural foot movement. This women's running shoe features a breathable, open mesh upper with reflective detailing. The full-length Guidance Line provides smooth transitions and increases efficiency; gender-specific forefoot cushioning lends comfort and absorbs shock. Full-length GEL cushioning absorbs shock and enhances comfort; high abrasion rubber placed in critical areas of the outsole of the ASICS GEL-Blur33™ running shoe provide extra durability and traction.
- Lightly padded tongue and collar for added comfort.
Support and Cushioning:
- Molded insole supplies light underfoot cushioning.
- GEL cushioning absorbs shock at the heel, smoothing out foot strike and the impact on your joints
- Outsole uses critically placed high-abrasion rubber for added durability
Lining and Layers:
- Guidance Line technology employs a vertical flex groove that decouples the tooling along the line of progression for maximum stride efficiency.
- Solyte midsole is lighter than standard EVA and SpEVA designed by ASICS. Its responsive nature delivers a supremely cushioned ride and makes it highly durable.
- F.A.S.T. Drop - 6mm midsole differential promotes a mid-foot to forefoot strike.
- F.A.S.T. Ride - A firmer Solyte midsole increases responsiveness and enhances the ride through toe-off.
- Solyte midsole material offers plush cushioning without adding undue weight
- F.A.S.T. Sole - Minimal outsole material is strategically placed in only high-wear areas.
- Soft fabric lining for a great in-shoe feel.
- Low heel-to-toe drop (6mm) keeps weight down (less material is required for low-drop constructions)
- Upper has a streamlined shape, breathable mesh material, and utilizes seamless construction for weight savings and comfort
- Breathable mesh upper with lightweight synthetic overlays.
- Seamless upper design for reduced irritation.
- F.A.S.T. technology balances performance and weight at the sole, heel, and the overall design of the shoe last
- F.A.S.T. Heel - Lightweight heel design hugs the foot securely while minimizing structural weight.
- Guidance Liner uses vertical flex grooves along the shoe last in order to guide efficient roll from heel-to-toe after the foot strikes the ground
- An ultralightweight neutral running shoe featuring Featherlight ASICS Speed Technology (F.A.S.T.) .
No, that's not a typo in the tech specs―the Asics Women's GEL-Lyte33 Running Shoe really does weigh in at just over six ounces. The lightest trainer Asics makes, this svelte shoe was built to go fast, with seamless upper construction and a low-drop, low-profile but cushioning sole.
What is lightweight, speedy and ultraflexible? Give up? It's the GEL-Lyte33 from ASICS of course! Now what are you waiting for? Lace up a pair and pick up the pace!