Asics GT-2000 2 GTX - Rainy day put a cramp in your stride? Turn that frown around and get out there in the weather-ready GT-2000™ 2 GTX® from ASICS®!
A waterproof version of the GT-2000™, SKU# 8024181.
Built for the mild to moderate overpronator who requires a combination of enhanced cushioning and stability.
Breathable mesh upper with durable synthetic overlays.
GORE-TEX® technology ensures breathable, waterproof protection from the elements.
PHF® (Personalized Heel Fit) creates a custom fit as the two layers of memory foam that line the collar mold to your heel.
ComforDry™ sockliner offers antimicrobial properties for a drier, healthier environment.
I.G.S® (Impact Guidance System) is an ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike through toe-off.
Solyte® midsole is lighter than standard EVA and SpEVA® designed by ASICS. Its responsive nature delivers a supremely cushioned ride and makes it highly durable.
FluidRide midsole technology delivers a supreme combination of energy return and cushioning with reduced weight and optimal durability.
Rearfoot & forefoot Gel® cushioning systems work together to better attenuate impacting shock and allow the foot to move fluidly throughout the gait cycle.
Dynamic DuoMax® System increases stability and support with reduced weight and enhanced platform comfort.
Trusstic System® reduces overall weight of the sole unit, while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.
Guidance Line® technology employs a vertical flex groove that decouples the tooling along the line of progression for maximum stride efficiency.
AHAR® (ASICS High Abrasion Rubber) is known for its supreme durability and is strategically placed throughout high-wear areas of the outsole.
DuraSponge® forefoot outsole material is comprised of a blown AHAR® rubber for superior cushioning and long-lasting wear.
- Ankle collar molds to the foot thanks to dual-layer memory foam cushioning
- Midsole, sole, and cushioning are linked together by Impact Guidance System to provide the most natural gait from heel strike to toe-off
Support and Cushioning:
- ComforDry Sockliner provides cushioning and resists the bacteria that causes odors
- Durasponge blown rubber outsole offers enhances cushioning and light weight
- Dynamic DuoMax support system in midsole features dual-density foam that's positioned to enhance support and stability; features lightweight Solyte compound that offers enhanced cushioning and durability
- GEL cushioning pods absorb impact at the rear and forefoot as the foot rolls from heel to toe
Weather and Wind:
- Gore-Tex insert in upper blocks out water from rain and puddles while allowing moisture you're generating to escape
- Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) in critical areas of the outsole prevents premature wear
Traction and Grip:
- Lugged outsole offers secure traction on wet, muddy ground
Weatherize your runs and lace up the Asics Men's GT-2000 GTX Running Shoe when rain clouds loom on the horizon. This re-design of the popular GT-2170 GTX offers the same waterproof breathable protection that's supplied by the Gore-Tex insert in the upper, along with the stability and support that mild to moderate over-pronators have come to rely on. What's different is a softer, more flexible feel underfoot, better heel fit, and a lower-drop profile for those interested in experimenting with a midfoot-strike style.