Atlas Aspect 28 - You are on your way to the top of what seems like a forever mountain. Let the Atlas Aspect 28 snowshoe help out a little.
7075 Aluminum ReactiV™ Frame- This revolutionary frame changes from a cylindrical to an elliptical shape to increase strength where the frame bears the greatest loads for a stiffer, more responsive snowshoe frame.
Spring-Loaded™ Suspension (SLS) - This active suspension system is designed for optimal articulation and superior maneuverability in rough terrain. With trademark durability and the ability to flex and conform across any uneven snow, SLS keeps the snow close underfoot for precise placement on rugged terrain. Where it's for dedicated backcountry users on off-trail exploration or a running enthusiast flying down the trail, the SLS offers superior performance for extremely technical terrain.
PackFlat™ Binding - Designed for backcountry snowboarding and climbing, the feature quick-lashing urethane straps that are fully field-replaceable with the included BC Utility Strap. Accommodates bigger snowboard boots, the bindings collapse flat for easy storage in your pack.
⋅ BC Utility Strap can be used to secure your snowshoes to your pack, lash together other gear, or carry as a backup strap for the field-replaceable PackFlat™ Binding.
On steep climbs, calf muscles tire quickly and traction decreases when the foot matches the slope angle. The Heel Lift Bar eases fatigue and ties directly into the advanced aft traction feature for grip.
Infinity Decking - Optimize surface area while also protecting the deck from abrasion Infinity Decking integrates the deck below and inside the frame with a unique construction that eliminates frame wrap in a sleek, seamless design.
Stainless steel Holey-1 toe crampon and stainless steel advanced aft traction on underside of snowshoes.
- Infinity Decking is designed to optimize surface area while also protecting the deck from abrasion, and integrates the deck below and inside the frame with a unique construction that eliminates frame wrap in a sleek, seamless design
- ReactiV-Trac construction integrates the classic flex of an elliptically-formed nose with the perimeter traction of a serrated t-frame. Stout SLS straps flex the system's tubular nose allowing the binding, crampon, and frame to conform and articulate independently with the terrain, providing unparalleled performance and the most confident footing available.
- Durable frames are crafted from sturdy aluminum to create a stiff yet lightweight chassis
- Spring-Loaded™ Suspension (SLS) uses offset webbing straps to create a springy platform beneath your feet that absorbs impact and allows natural side-to-side foot flex
Traction and Grip:
- Spring-Loaded Suspension (SLS) keeps the snowshoe close underfoot for easy maneuvering and suspends your foot so it can move freely with its intended articulation. The suspension absorbs impact and lets your foot flex naturally side-to-side for a comfortable, stable position on traverses and uneven terrain. SLS enhances traction control too, as the flex provides deeper crampon penetration into the slope, especially on steep or off-angle terrain.
- Holey-1 Toe Crampon is Atlas' top-end traction and uses shovel-shaped stainless steel prongs for better hold and sharp ice tips for superior bite on frozen slopes
- Heel-lift bar provides relief for tired calf muscles on steep ascents and match slope angle for better traction
- Heel Lift Bar helps ease fatigue and ties directly into Advanced Aft Traction for grip
- Atlas BC Utility Strap is included with all Atlas Backcountry Adventure snowshoes and can be used to secure your snowshoes to your pack, lash together other gear, or carry as an backup strap for the field-replaceable PackFlat Binding or any other emergency situation
- PackFlat Binding is designed for backcountry snowboarding and climbing, and features quick-lashing urethane straps that are fully field-replaceable with the included BC Utility Strap. Able to accommodate bigger snowboard boots, the bindings collapse flat for easy storage in your pack.
- Nose and tail shapes are optimized to provide a balanced platform for stable footing and to facilitate an easy, natural stride
- Atlas Aspect 28 snowshoes' recommended load specification is for weight of hiker with gear
FEATURES of the Atlas Aspect 28 Snowshoe.
SPECIFICATIONS of the Atlas Aspect 28 Snowshoe.
REI (2012) (closeout)
The Atlas Aspect 28 snowshoes seize winter adventure with an innovative, streamlined design in a lightweight, packable size that grant you confident access to the backcountry.