Atlas Elektra 10 Series -
The Atlas Elektra 10 Series Snowshoes make winter hiking a breeze, because exploration shouldn't stop when trails are blanketed with snow. The Elektra 1023 is the snowshoe of choice for women who want to stay active all winter long. Comfortable to walk on designed with a dedicated women's frame geometry, the Elektra 10 floats over soft snow and hikes confidently on firm slopes with Traverse Trac rails. Spring-Loaded Suspension moves freely with your foot's natural articulation, and the addition of a climbing bar helps eliminate calf strain while hiking uphill. The padded Wrapp Swift binding adds an extra layer of warmth to the instep of the foot, and provides a technical fit while still being easy to use thanks to the positive toe locator. Binding straps that cinch and release like a breeze allow you to spend time enjoying the day instead of worrying about your gear.
- Built on the renowned fit and arch support of the Wrapp™ platform, the Wrapp™ Swift binding blends technical fit with great comfort and ease of use from the positive toe locator, EVA padding, and straps that cinch and release like a breeze.
Lining and Layers:
- The Elektra women’s designs grew from a two-year biomechanics research program to a deep line of successful women’s snowshoes that continue to lead the industry.
- Since women’s needs are more than frame-deep, Atlas' binding designs are molded around a women’s boot last, offer increased arch support and use carefully-placed strapping and padding to eliminate pressure points and keep circulation moving in the cold.
- The turned-up tail of the V-frame rolls easily into each step for a natural gait. Built with lightweight, durable 6000- and 7000-series aluminum, the V-frames are used on all Atlas snowshoes, including their new Youth Series.
- Our Elektra frames are shaped to accommodate a woman’s natural gait, with tapered tails, a narrower nose and outside rolling bends that nest the snowshoes together comfortably.
- A proprietary Atlas shape, the sturdy aluminum V-Frames are the key to an efficient, natural stride. The V shape tracks straight in deep snow, and the tapered tail pulls less snow as you step forward, saving your energy.
- The sharp ridges of the side rails augment the downhill function of the heel cleat, running parallel to the snowshoe frame for solid footing, even on firm sidehill terrain.
Weather and Wind:
- Flexible Nytex decking is forgiving and quiet when hiking in the cold, providing durability without the weight.
Traction and Grip:
- The suspension absorbs impact and lets your foot flex naturally side-to-side for a comfortable, stable position on traverses and uneven terrain. SLS enhances traction control too, as the flex provides deeper crampon penetration into the slope, especially on steep or off-angle terrain.
- The time-tested geometry of the All-Trac™ toe crampon provides traction in all directions. Wider traction tabs on the sides and corners complement sharp front and rear points for confident hiking.
- On steep climbs, calf muscles tire quickly and traction decreases when your foot matches the slope angle. The heel lift bar eases fatigue and ties directly into Advanced Aft Traction for grip.
- An Atlas tenet from the beginning, Atlas' patented Spring-Loaded™ Suspension (SLS) keeps the snowshoe close underfoot for easy maneuvering and suspends your foot so it can move freely with its intended articulation.
- Tempered steel toe crampon and Traverse-Trac rails
- Women's specific design features
- Heel lift bar makes ascents much easier
- Sold in pairs
Exploration shouldn't stop while trails lie dormant under snowy depths. The Atlas Elektra 10 Series is the snowshoe of choice for hikers who want to stay active in winter. When the terrain gets more demanding, the 10 Series delivers with a climbing bar to ease calf strain. The addition of the new Wrapp Swift binding blends technical fit with the comfort and ease of use provided by a positive toe locator, warm EVA padding, and straps that cinch and release like a breeze. The tempered steel All-Trac toe crampon and Traverse Trac rails add sidehill control and confident strides. With Elektra 6061 aluminum V-frame, you’ll feel content hiking all day long.
An excellent all-terrain performer, Atlas Elektra 10 Series Women's snowshoes have an array of features for winter backpacking and hiking. A great balance of price and performance, Elektra 10 Series Women's shoes are lightweight, durable and ergonomic.
Discover winter in the mountains with the rugged Atlas 10 Series snowshoes. When the terrain gets more demanding, the 10 Series delivers high performance with a climbing bar to ease calf strain and Spring-Loaded Suspension for classic Atlas maneuverability and articulation. The addition of the new Wrapp Swift binding blends technical fit with the comfort and ease of use provided by a positive toe locator, warm EVA padding, and straps that cinch and release like a breeze. The tempered steel All-Trac toe crampon and Traverse Trac rails add side-hill control and allow confident strides. With dedicated men’s geometry for the proprietary Atlas 6061 aluminum V-frame, you can venture into the mountains with confidence.
Snowshoe Size Chart:
Berg's Ski Shop
The Atlas Elektra 10 Series Snowshoe is bio-mechanically designed specifically for a woman's stride and gate so it's not just a man's shoe with a nice paint job but designed in every way for the female user. It is the only woman's snowshoe awarded the American Alpine Institute Guides Choice and features top of the line Atlas technology for all terrain use. From big mountains to golf courses this shoe can take you anywhere you want to go. Atlas's Patented Spring-Loaded Suspension (SLS) Suspends your foot in the snowshoe so it can move freely with it's own natural articulation. The suspension absorbs impact and allows your foot to flex naturally side-to-side for a comfortable, stable position on traverses and uneven terrain. SLS also enhance traction control by letting your foot flex down into the slope, gaining more grip no matter how steep or off-angle the terrain. It's simply the best, most comfortable way to snowshoe.
FEATURES of the Atlas Women's Elektra 10 Series Snowshoe.