Atlas Race Snowshoe -
Utilizing ultra-light, durable materials to create the all-new Race running snowshoe, Atlas has developed our lightest snowshoe to date while maintaining hallmark Atlas durability. The featherweight LightSpeed Pro Binding provides precise foot placement on technical trails while the ultra-light Speed V-Frame allow for a runner’s all-out stride and maximum flotation. Spring-Loaded Suspension provides natural articulation of the joints for an uncompromised running motion and powerful energy return while the titanium toe and heel crampon give racers the competitive edge.
• Size: 22in.
• Surface Area: 134 Sq in.
• Weight: 2.16 lbs.
• Load: one size fits all (Best up to 220 lbs in softer snow.)
Support and Cushioning:
- Recommended load specification includes weight of runner with gear; the Atlas Race snowshoes can support up to 220 lbs. on packed trails
- The Race LightSpeed Pro bindings provide precise foot placements while keeping overall weight down
- The lightweight 7075 aluminum speed V-frame is designed to accommodate a runners all-out stride
- Atlas V-frame creates an efficient, natural stride
- Lightweight and tough 7075 aluminum frames supply responsive performance; frame shape is optimized to reduce frame clipping, ensure straight tracking and maintain flotation
Weather and Wind:
- Durable Nytex decking stands up to tough trails and efficiently sheds snow
- Running snowshoes are designed for a large weight range and packed snow conditions
- Bindings wrap under the arch and ball of each foot for comfort and security
- 1-pull LightSpeed Pro bindings cinch tight with a quick tug, supplying a snug, supportive fit that's lightweight and flexible; heel straps secure feet further
- Lightweight Nytex™ nylon decks are abrasion-resistant and stay flexible when cold and stand up to the elements for lasting use
- Strong and durable and lighter-weight 7075 aluminum frame material
- Spring-Loaded™ Suspension (SLS) uses offset webbing straps to create a springy platform beneath the foot that absorbs impact and allows natural side-to-side foot flex
- One-pull cross webbing cinches quickly
Traction and Grip:
- Ultralight and tough titanium crampons bite into snowy terrain for sure footing and minimal twisting; titanium heel crampons maximize downhill traction and braking
- Titanium Twin-Trac Toe Crampons and Heel Cleats provide secure traction on icy terrain
- Lightweight titanium toe and heel crampons provide traction without drag while running uphill, downhill, and on flats
- Spring-Loaded Suspension keeps tail from catching on obstacles and matches your foot's articulation
- Spring-Loaded Suspension provides high-energy returns and excellent maneuverability
- The Race Snowshoes weigh in at about a pound each, so you hardly even notice you're wearing them
- Durable Nytex decking withstands the constant abuse of winter
Backcountry.com (Fall 2013)
You're most comfortable on top of the podium.
Whether you're a competitive racer or you happen to live somewhere that requires you to outrun moose and bear on a regular basis, the featherweight Atlas Race Snowshoe is your go-to choice for rapid snow travel. The V-Frame is specifically shaped to allow a runners all-out stride, and the Race LightSpeed Pro binding securely cinches down on your lightweight winter shoe. Titanium toe and heel cleats securely bite hard and icy snow while keeping the overall weight of this snow walker to barely over one pound.
Light and agile, the Atlas Race snowshoes make it easy to keep running through the snowy months, offering a full-stride-friendly design and aggressive traction so you can push the pace through winter.
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
For serious training and competing in the winter months, the Atlas Race Snowshoes are the lightweight answer.