Audio-Technica AE-5400/LE Limited Edition Large-Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Handheld Microphone 20Hz to 20kHz Frequency Response 150 ohms Impedance -
The Audio-Technica AE-5400/LE Limited Edition Large-Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Handheld Microphone is a custom version of the coveted AE-5400 handheld microphone, commemorating 50 years of quality microphones from Audio-Technica. The AE-5400/LE features a custom silver metallic finish, etched serial number and ships in a wooden case.
The microphone brings studio grade sonic quality and performance to the stage. This large diaphragm condenser microphone features the same element found in the famed AT4050 studio microphone. Primarily designed for vocal capturing the wide, linear frequency response renders the microphone more than adequate to perform in a variety of applications.
The cardioid polar pattern features a uniform frequency response and optimum rejection at the off-axis sections of the capsule. The result is excellent rejection of noise and feedback. The large diaphragm condenser element handles high Sound Pressure Levels (SPL) resulting in maximum protection against noise and distortion. The AE-5400/LE is a collectors edition and a viable choice for stage performances, speech and broadcast applications.
- Integral 80Hz HPF switch and 10dB pad
- Superior anti-shock engineering ensures low handling noise and quiet performance
- Custom transformer improves performance specifications by isolating against noise and RF interference and providing excellent saturation characteristics that contribute to smooth linear sound quality
- Pristine sound quality demanded by the most discriminating microphone user
- Multi-stage grille design offers excellent protection against plosives and sibilance without compromising high-frequency clarity
- Same large-diaphragm element as the renowned AT4050 studio microphone; true condenser design
- Special 50th anniversary edition in silver-colored metallic finish with etched-on serial number and carefully crafted wooden carrying case
- High-quality double-sided PCB uses surface-mount components. Extensive grounding plane and attention to best-practice grounding methods minimize electrical noise
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Quiet-Flex stand clamp provides silent, flexible microphone positioning
- The ultimate vocal performance instrument
- Robust design for enduring dependability on the road