Audio-Technica AT4040 Side-Address Cardioid Condenser Microphone 20 Hz - 20 kHz Frequency Response 100 Ohms Impedance -
The Audio-Technica AT4040 is a large diaphragm, cardioid capacitor microphone designed for use in the most demanding recording applications. Intended for vocal and general instrument recording (piano, guitars, string instruments etc.), the microphones cardioid polar pattern minimizes off-axis signal reducing ambient and residual noise and delivers pristine low-noise recordings.
The AT4040 has an integral 80 Hz hi-pass filter provides easy switching from a flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off. The high-pass position reduces the microphone's sensitivity to popping in close vocal use. It also reduces the pickup of low-frequency ambient noise (such as traffic, air-handling systems, etc.), room reverberation and mechanically-coupled vibrations.
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- Exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Technically-advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics
- Externally polarized (DC bias) true condenser design
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections