Audio-Technica AT4080 Bidirectional Active Ribbon Microphone -
The Audio-Technica AT4080 Bidirectional Microphone is a professional-quality active ribbon microphone that offers a classic ribbon tone with warm, natural sound along with a robust build quality for lasting durability. The mic has a dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity and the Audio-Technica ribbon design has 18 patents pending, including MicroLinear ribbon imprint technology, which protects the ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. The mic has powerful N50 neodymium magnets to produce a high output level, along with a high SPL capability and extended frequency response.
The mic is produced by hand across the stages of corrugation, imprint and assembly. The open housing design helps to minimize internal reflections, while the superfine mesh protects the ribbons. The mic has active electronics that require phantom power, which provides a stable impedance and high output. A custom shock mount is included to provide superior isolation. The AT4080 is certified by the METAlliance and is designed to provide years of reliable operation.
- Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Classic bidirectional (figure-of-eight) polar pattern picks up sounds equally from the front and back of the element
- Groundbreaking Audio-Technica ribbon design with 18 patents pending
- Ultra-fine mesh helps protect against ribbon damage
- Proprietary MicroLinear ribbon imprint for superior durability
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
- Handmade production - including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
- Open acoustical environment of the housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- Smooth, warm and natural high-fidelity sound for professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- Extremely powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level
- Acoustic baffle system and extra large output transformer provide natural low-frequency response and extended dynamic range
- Extended frequency response for natural audio reproduction