Audio-Technica AT4081 Bidirectional Active Ribbon Microphone -
The Audio-Technica AT4081 Bidirectional Microphone is a professional-quality active ribbon microphone that offers a classic ribbon tone with warm, natural sound along with a robust build quality for lasting durability. The mic has a dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity and the Audio-Technica ribbon design has 18 patents pending, including MicroLinear ribbon imprint technology, which protects the ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. The mic has powerful N50 neodymium magnets to produce a high output level, along with a high SPL capability and extended frequency response.
The mic is produced by hand across the stages of corrugation, imprint and assembly. The low-profile design maximizes placement options while the superfine mesh protects the ribbons. The mic has active electronics that require phantom power, which provides a stable impedance and high output. The mic is certified by the METAlliance and is designed to provide years of reliable operation.
- Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Smooth, warm and natural sound tuned for instrument reproduction
- Handmade production - including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
- Extremely powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Low-profile stick design maximizes placement options
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
- Audio-Technica ribbon design with 18 patents pending including proprietary MicroLinear ribbon imprint for superior durability
- Superfine mesh guards against ribbon damage