Audio-Technica ATM350 Cardioid Condenser Clip-On Microphone -
The Audio-Technica ATM350 Cardioid Condenser Clip-On Microphone is a fixed-charge clip-on condenser microphone with a cardioid polar pattern. It is designed for use in professional live-sound and studio applications. When used with the included instrument mount, it provides accurate, consistent pickup of trumpet and saxophone and many other musical instruments. When used with the included violin mount, it provides outstanding pickup of violin and other stringed instruments.
The microphone requires 11V to 52V phantom power for operation. The cardioid polar pattern of the microphone is more sensitive to sound originating directly in front of the element, making it useful for controlling feedback and reducing pickup of unwanted sounds. The microphone includes a 4m (13.1') permanently attached miniature cable. Its free end connects to the provided AT8542 power module via a TA3F-type connector.
The output of the power module is a 3-pin XLRMtype connector. A switch in the power module permits choice of flat response or low frequency roll-off (via integral 80 Hz high-pass filter) to help control undesired ambient noise. The microphone is enclosed in a rugged housing with a low-reflectance black finish.
- Rugged, all-metal design and construction for years of trouble-free use
- Crisp, clear, well-balanced response, even at high SPLs
- UniMount clip permits accurate positioning, provides shock resistance and protects element
- Corrosion-resistant contacts from gold-plated XLRM-type connector
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Interchangeable elements available for hypercardioid and omnidirectional polar patterns
- Unique violin mount permits unobtrusive placement of microphone between the instrument's bridge and tailpiece
- Low-profile design for minimum visibility