Avid BB7 Road SL Disc Brake -
The Avid BB7 SL is the most advanced mechanical disc brake Avid has ever produced. Shaving grams from traditional road disc brake calipers brings your bike closer to race-ready weight. The Avid BB7 SL is perfect for disc brake cyclocross bikes.
The Avid BB7 disc brakes are perfect for muddy and wet conditions. Mechanical disc brakes are simple and straight forward. They are cable-actuated, which means the setup and maintenance are easy. The same legacy tech from Avid for the caliper positioning system hardware makes alignment fast and easy. The Speed Dial knob allows you to adjust the pad spacing and bite quickly. Aluminum- backed organic pads, Ti hardware, and the HS1 heat shedding rotor save weight.
- Features inboard and outboard pad adjustment knobs, rigid 2-piece forged body and tool-free pad replacement
- Includes a 6-bolt heat-dissipating HS-1 rotor and alloy-backed brake pads that use a lightweight organic compound
- With easily accessible adjustment knobs and lightweight hardware, the Avid BB7 Road SL disc brake provides stopping power and easy pad alignment
- Can be mounted front or rear; choose between either 140mm or 160mm rotor sizes
- Avid BB7 Road SL mechanical disc brake is optimized for use with short-pull, road style levers (e.g. STI, drop, canti); levers not included
- Titanium bolts help shed weight
- Caliper is 74mm; adapter for 51mm International Standard brake mounts is included
- Integrated cable stop prevents routing cable and housing from entering the brake at odd angles, reducing the possibility of cable drag
- Tri-Align Caliper Positioning System™ aligns caliper easily for fast, simple installation and adjustment
Light and powerful, the Avid BB7 Road SL mechanical disc brake offers a road-specific upgrade for responsive braking and a lightweight advantage over other disc brake systems.