Avid Media Composer 6.5 Software -
The Avid Media Composer 6.5 is a very powerful and very well-known editing system that lacks no feature which you may find in another system. Version 6.5 operates on 64-bit performance and offers streamlined HD, file-based and stereo 3D workflows. The platform is designed highly open, enabling you to work with equipment you may already have or plan on getting.
Your purchase provides you with a package containing instructions for downloading and activating Media Composer. You can download either the Mac or Windows version. Along with Media Composer, you get all the programs that accompany it: Avid FX, for creating and animating titles, effects and transitions; Sorenson Squeeze, for optimizing and delivering content; EDL Manager, for exporting timecode metadata; FilmScribe, for export film metadata; Log Exchange, for converting shot logs into ALE files; MediaLog, for management of logging and metadata; and -- for Windows users only though -- Avid DVD, a disc authoring program.
Support and Cushioning:
- Version and Archive Finished Sequences with AS-02:With support for the AS-02 MXF mastering format through AMA, managing multiple versions of the same sequence is easy, as AS-02 packs everything into a single bundle without duplicating assets, saving storage space
- Mix Up to 64 Audio Voices: Monitor more complex soundtracks with support for up to 64 audio voices. Combined with robust audio tools, 7.1 surround sound and RTAS plug-in support and unmatched integration with Pro Tools
- Find the Right Clips and Best Takes Fast: Working on a scripted or dialog-heavy project such as a reality TV show, documentary, or interview? Save hours of time with two powerful dialog search options
- All the Software and Built-In Tools You Need: Get the look, sound and quality you want using a host of built-in effects, audio and color tools, plus a suite of bundled software: Avid FX (Boris RED), Sorenson Squeeze and Avid DVD
- Work with the Hardware You Have: Media Composer is fully open thanks to Avid Open I/O, so you can work with your choice of powerful and reliable Avid audio and video interfaces or third-party video I/O cards, including those from AJA, Blackmagic Design, Bluefish444, Matrox and MOTU
- Better Performance -- and 3D -- with Avid Hardware: For the fastest capture/edit/monitor/output workflows, pair Media Composer with a Nitris DX or Mojo DX video interface and experience hardware-accelerated power that's second to none
- Open Up Your Workflow with Hardware Release: With the new hardware release control, which works with Avid and third-party I/O hardware, you can activate/deactivate your hardware -- without disconnecting it
- Work Faster with Advanced Audio Keyframing: Save time when editing soundtracks. With new audio keyframe enhancements, you can now copy, paste, cut, move and adjust audio keyframes -- including groups -- anywhere on the timeline
- Get Stock Footage and More in the Avid Marketplace: Conveniently browse for stock footage, plug-ins, hardware and more, right from within Media Composer. Search for, preview and purchase stock footage from T3 Media in context with your project