Avid Upgrade to Media Composer 6.5 from Versions Previous to 6.0 or from Xpress -
The Avid Upgrade to Media Composer 6.5 from Versions Previous to 6.0 or from Xpress provides you with a full version of Media Composer 6.5, at a considerably discounted price, upon your submitting the serial number of any Media Composer version previous to 6.0 or of any version of Avid Xpress.
Media Composer 6.5 is a very powerful editing system that lacks no essential feature that could be found in another system. 6.5 operates on 64-bit performance and offers streamlined HD, file-based and stereo 3D workflows. The platform is designed highly open, enabling you to work with many different formats and with equipment you may already have or plan on getting.
Your purchase supplies you with a package containing instructions for downloading and activating version 6.5 and for submitting your current serial number. You can download either the Mac or Windows version. Along with Media Composer, you'll get all the programs that accompany it: Avid FX, for creating and animating titles, effects and transitions; Sorenson Squeeze, for optimizing and delivering content; EDL Manager, for exporting timecode metadata; FilmScribe, for exporting film metadata; Log Exchange, for converting shot logs into ALE files; MediaLog, for management of logging and metadata; and -- for Windows users only though -- Avid DVD, a disc authoring program.
Support and Cushioning:
- Version and Archive Finished Sequences with AS-02:With support for the AS-02 MXF mastering format through AMA, managing multiple versions of the same sequence is easy, as AS-02 packs everything into a single bundle without duplicating assets, saving storage space
- Mix Up to 64 Audio Voices: Monitor more complex soundtracks with support for up to 64 audio voices. Combined with robust audio tools, 7.1 surround sound and RTAS plug-in support and unmatched integration with Pro Tools
- Work Faster with Advanced Audio Keyframing: Save time when editing soundtracks. With new audio keyframe enhancements, you can now copy, paste, cut, move and adjust audio keyframes -- including groups -- anywhere on the timeline
- Get Stock Footage and More in the Avid Marketplace: Conveniently browse for stock footage, plug-ins, hardware and more, right from within Media Composer. Search for, preview and purchase stock footage from T3 Media in context with your project
- Find the Right Clips and Best Takes Fast: Working on a scripted or dialog-heavy project such as a reality TV show, documentary, or interview? Save hours of time with two powerful dialog search options
- Work with the Hardware You Have: Media Composer is fully open thanks to Avid Open I/O, so you can work with your choice of powerful and reliable Avid audio and video interfaces or third-party video I/O cards, including those from AJA, Blackmagic Design, Bluefish444, Matrox and MOTU
- Better Performance -- and 3D -- with Avid Hardware: For the fastest capture/edit/monitor/output workflows, pair Media Composer with a Nitris DX or Mojo DX video interface and experience hardware-accelerated power that's second to none
- Open Up Your Workflow with Hardware Release: With the new hardware release control, which works with Avid and third-party I/O hardware, you can activate/deactivate your hardware -- without disconnecting it
- All the Software and Built-In Tools You Need: Get the look, sound and quality you want using a host of built-in effects, audio and color tools, plus a suite of bundled software: Avid FX (Boris RED), Sorenson Squeeze and Avid DVD