Baader Planetarium 10mm Hyperion Modular Eyepiece - 1.25" -
The Baader Planetarium Hyperion 68-degree Modular Eyepieces offer world-class performance and unique photo-visual features at an unheard of price. No longer do amateurs need to spend more on their eyepieces than their primary instrument in order to get true high-end performance in a wide-field eyepiece. Not just a different branded version of their highly regarded cousins, the Hyperion has been totally redesigned to deliver better transmission, contrast and useful new features. Baader Planetarium has worked hard to give the Hyperion the world's finest optical coatings, superb mechanics and their unique multi-functional design.
As a visual eyepiece, the Hyperion delivers superb sharpness and color fidelity across their 68-degree wide, flat-field, even in fast telescopes. From their superb on-axis and off-axis sharpness to their pitch-black high contrast field, the Hyperion really works. Viewing through a Hyperion is notably comfortable and relaxing, due to their forgiving eye-position, 20 mm of eye-relief and an optical design that is free of the annoying kidney-bean effect.
- Superb fit and finish. Eyepiece barrels are accurate to size, nicely machined, and hard-anodized
- Baader Planetarium has gone to great lengths to give the Hyperion the most advanced multicoatings ever used on amateur telescope eyepieces (please note: these are not the same coatings other manufacturers use on their similar clones of these eyepieces)
- The front negative lens element is designed to be removed (and exposes an M48 2" filter thread). This converts each Hyperion into a longer focal length high-quality projection eyepiece, giving the imager two choices of focal length with each eyepiece
- Works in both 1.25" and 2" focusers. The 1.25" barrel is threaded for filters and kept short (0.94") to work well in binoviewers and spotting scopes. Baader's new housing incorporates a full-length 2" barrel (0.94" long) and provides a specially designed tapered locking recess
- Consisting of 8 elements in 5 groups, the Hyperion optical design delivers outstanding sharpness and color correction over a true 68-degree wide field, along with a comfortable 20 mm of eye-relief
- The proprietary Hyperion housings have been engineered by Baader to incorporate careful opto-mechanical design and execution of internal baffling to eliminate stray light and ghost reflections
- Soft folding rubber eyecups work for both normal and eyeglass users. Each Hyperion comes with protective lens caps and leatherette storage pouch
- The eyelens barrel has been provided with two different external threads, M43 and M54 (these are covered by the removable rubber eyecups). A complete system of adapter rings enables cameras to be directly (and rigidly)
- The optical design of the Hyperion enables them to work as an extremely sharp wide-field projection eyepiece for even large chip CCD and DSLRs
- High grade water-white glasses are used throughout to deliver a crystal clear view with low scatter and excellent color fidelity, free of the yellow or bluish coloration imparted by many other eyepieces
- The Baader Hyperion incorporate some unique and innovative aspects, which are designed to make them the ideal projection eyepiece