Baader Planetarium 8-24mm Hyperion Clickstop Zoom Mark III Eyepiece for 1.25" to 2" Mounts -
The Baader Planetarium HYP-ZOOM is an 8-24 mm Hyperion Clickstop Zoom Mark III eyepiece that includes both 1.25" and 2" barrels. The 2" barrel attaches through an included adapter ring that has standard 2" x 24 tpi SCT threads. The Hyperion Zoom Mark III eyelens barrel has been provided with an M54 thread (covered by the removable rubber eyecups).
A complete system of adapter rings enables cameras to be directly (and rigidly) close-coupled for afocal projection or variably extended for classical eyepiece projection imaging with the T-Adapter and Extension Tubes. A series of 16 threaded rings provides compatibility with just about every digital (CCD/DSLR) and video camera made.
- Superb fit and finish. Zoom motion is smooth and precise. Barrels are accurately machined on the Hyperion zoom, with excellent surface quality, and hard anodizing. The 1.25" barrel is threaded for standard 1.25" filters and the 2" barrel is threaded for 2" filters
- Continuously variable focal length, with click-stops at 8, 12, 16, 20, 24 mm. Remains parfocal across zoom range. Click-stops enable precise focal length matching for bino-viewer use
- Excellent viewing comfort. The eye relief of 12-15 mm, large eye lens, and freedom from kidney beaning and blackouts result in a high level of comfort and ease-of-viewing, at all focal lengths
- Baader Planetarium has gone to great lengths to give the Hyperion Zoom the most advanced multicoatings ever used on amateur telescope eyepieces. The Hyperion Phantom Group multi-coatings truly rival the best in the world - including the famous Zeiss Abbe Orthoscopic
- Consisting of 7 elements, the Hyperion optical design delivers outstanding sharpness and color correction over its field
- Adjustable rubber eyecup works for both normal and eyeglass users. Rotating eyecup incorporates a variable-height helical adjustment for setting the optimal spacing
- The field of view is 68 degrees at the 8 mm setting, and 50 degrees at 24 mm
- Designed to integrate perfectly with many popular spotting scopes