Baader Planetarium UV/IR Cut / L-Filter 65x65(3mm Glass Thickness) Square -
The Baader Planetarium UV/IR Cut/L-Filter (65 x 65 (3 mm Glass Thickness) Square) is a must for all digital imaging with Digital Cameras, CCD Cameras and modified webcams. Also useful for protecting valuable H-Alpha filters from heat stress and damaging IR (Daystar, etc). Due to their extremely high optical quality, these filters may be stacked and used far in front of the focal plane (necessary for imaging uses). Like the Baader Planetarium Contrast-Booster, the UV-IR-Cut filter uses the very latest coating technology, to deliver the finest filtration quality.
Lining and Layers:
- Extremely Sharp Cutoff at 680 nm (leaves all the visible red, including the important 656 nm H-alpha emission line)
- Sharp cutoff below 420 nm. Eliminates violet halos around bright stars (more effectively than simpler so-called Minus Violet photographic filters)
- Combine with any of the other Baader filters, to deliver the sharpest images possible
- True optical quality glass substrate and coatings
- Unmatched 98% Average Transmission. Freedom from ghost images (very low reflection multi-coating, striae-free, and plane-parallel substrate)