Backcountry Access Magic Carpet Skins 100MM -
Check out the all new Magic Carpet Skins from BCA this year. Their new skin program is complete with all new suppliers, materials and of course new graphics! Built to accommodate the widest and most rockered freeride skis, the glide on these skins is as smooth and grippy as riding up the track on a magic carpet. Check out the BCA 120mm Magic Carpet Skins today.
- Includes water repellent Nylon plush and new glue formulated for cold North American temperatures
- Durable hydrophobic synthetic material repels water, lasts longer
- New graphics and materials including better gliding Nylon plush
- Included trim kit gives you the tools you need to cut your skins to fit any sidecuts
- Lighter weight/more packable
- Our deluxe tip and tail hardware is compatible with most tips, including rounded twin-tip designs
Straight or shaped?
If you will use your skins for touring and weight and glide are of primary concern, a straight skin may be your best choice. If you climb a lot of vertical and your skis are considered "super-sidecut" (greater than 25mm difference between tip and waist), trimming your skins to fit the shape of your skis will give you more climbing performance.
For straight skins:
Subtract 4-6 mm from ski waist width. For example, if your ski waist is 74mm, a 70mm skin will fit properly.
For trim-to-shape skins:
Subtract 6-10 mm from ski tip width. For example, if your ski tip width is 108, choose a 100mm skin.