For Dummies iPad for Dummies Softcover 336 Pages Book by Edward C. Baig Bob LeVitus -
Part iPod touch, part MacBook and part eReader-and all impressive-the iPad combines the best technological advances from all of these products into one ultraportable touch device. This full-color guide is the perfect companion to help you get up to speed and on the go with Apple's revolutionary iPad.
Veteran For Dummies authors and Mac gurus begin with a look at the multi-touch interface and then move on to setting up iTunes, surfing the Web and sending and receiving e-mail. You'll discover how to share, store and import photos; buy and read your favorite books; get directions and use maps; rent, buy and watch movies and TV shows; listen to the latest music; play games; shop for cool new apps; and much more.
- Presents an easy-to-understand approach to sending and receiving e-mail; shopping for movies, iBooks and music at the iTunes Store; browsing the Web; sharing photos; downloading and watch movies and TV shows; and downloading apps from the App Store
- Offers a straightforward-but-fun approach to the many exciting functions of the iPad: listening to music, synchronizing your data, working with the calendar, setting up iTunes and getting online via Wi-Fi, to name a few
- Popular authors Edward Baig and Bob "Dr. Mac" LeVitus begin with the basics as they walk you through setting up and using the iPad in this full-color guide
- Covers protecting your information and troubleshooting
- Explains how to use your iPad as a portable game console and how to manage your contacts and to-do lists