Bca Float 32 Airbag Pack -
A pow day in the backcountry can go from great to bad to worse, fast! Even when you think the conditions are stable, Mother Nature can drive a hot grounder in your direction and you'll need to think fast. Buying the the BCA Float 32 Airbag Pack before you go can give you a better shot at surviving a life-threatening avalanche scenario by preventing or minimizing burial depth. Inverse segregation, more commonly referred to as the “Brazil Nut Effect,” is the science behind why airbags work - turbulent movement during a slide sorts objects by size and weight (similar to the way large Brazil nuts will rise to the top when a bowl of mixed nuts is shaken). Smaller objects are more likely to fall into the voids created by the turbulence, while larger objects move to the top. In addition to giving you a better chance of rising to the top of the debris pile, the BCA Float 32 also helps provide head, neck and back support during a slide, aiding in the prevention of major spinal trauma. The BCA Float 32 is the perfect size for day touring, with room for your avalanche essentials, food, water and extra clothing. (CO2 CONTAINER IS EMPTY AND NEEDS TO BE FILLED)
Lining and Layers:
- SHIPPED WITH EMPTY CYLINDER; MUST BE FILLED PRIOR TO USAGE
- Freezeproof hydration system but reservoir NOT included
- Waist belt pocket
- Dedicated shovel and probe pocket
- Airbag Trigger can be set to left or right side
- BCA Float cylinders may be refilled either by BCA in Boulder, CO, or at authorized refill stations. BCA does not recommend attempting to refill cylinders yourself or at non-authorized locations as the process requires training, documentation and parts provided by BCA.
- Helmet Carry
- Optional snowboard carry sold separately
- A small 2,700-psi (186 bar) compressed-air cylinder, single-chamber 150-liter airbag, and super efficient Venturi System make the Float system efficient and compact.