Beal Tiger 10mm Dry Rope -
The Beal Tiger is a rope that sits comfortably in the middle of the spectrum. It's not overly stiff, but not totally floppy either. Its 10mm diameter sits between the ghostly thin 9mm expert ropes and the big fat 10.5mm marathon models. The result is a rope that's less of a pig to carry and clip than the big boys, without sacrificing durability. Beal's GoldenDry treatment coats the fibers of both core and sheath with a hydrophobic finish, so your rope won't get soaked or freeze up in winter conditions.
- Golden Dry construction features a dry-treated core and Dry Cover sheath
- UNICORE technology bonds the sheath and core without affecting the suppleness of the rope; resistant to moisture and eliminates sheath slippage and bunching
- ~ Prevents excessive rope thickening
- Every BEAL rope possesses an individual identification number (IdN) on the end of the rope and on an individual identification card
- ~ Improves abrasion resistance in normal climbing conditions
- ~Limited weight gain in wet conditions
- Compatible with all semi-automatic belay devices
- Smooth handling; easy clipping
- Indelible black marking at the midpoint
- ~ Improves rope running through carabiners and belay devices
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
The BEAL Tiger 10 mm UNICORE climbing rope makes for a seamless transition into the world of thin-rope climbing. Avid sport and trad climbers revere the Tiger as an ideal rope for projecting, and its light, fluid action deceives all thick-diameter stereotypes.