Berkshire House Publisher Hikes & Walks in the Berkshire Hills - Sure to please hikers of any ability level, Hikes & Walks in the Berkshire Hills, by Lauren R. Stevens, provides details on numerous trails throughout the region, as well as a brief history of the Berkshires.
- Describes 68 hikes and walks throughout the Berkshire region from 1 to 10 miles in length; includes guided walks for people with disabilities
- Each trail description includes total length, approximate hiking time, map, and directions for getting to the trailhead
- 2004, third edition, 240 pages
- 7.25 x 4.5 x 0.6 in.
- Provides interesting background on 21 Berkshire towns in addition to commentary on Berkshire natural history, local history, plants, and wildlife
- Includes 48 maps with illustrated landmarks and topographic relief