Bill Russell Wild Mushrooms of Penssylvania & Mid Atlantic - You've seen them and we've all wondered, but know the secrets are revealed. Eat your way through the forest floor with Bill Russel's book of Wild Mushrooms of Pennsylvania and Mid Atlantic. You will never wonder again if you are in the right or wrong with this in depth field guide to wild mushrooms.
- With both color illustrations and insightful descriptions of one hundred of the area's most common mushrooms, Field Guide is an indispensable reference for the curious hiker, the amateur biologist, or the adventurous chef.
- The book also includes color photographs of each of the mushrooms described.
- Russell's Field Guide to the Wild Mushrooms of Pennsylvania and the Mid-Atlantic shows the reader not only how to identify the most common mushrooms found in the region but also how to avoid common copycats--and what to do with the mushrooms once they're identified and harvested.
- Russell's fifty years of experience in hunting, studying, and teaching about wild mushrooms have been carefully distilled into this easy-to-use and well-designed guide.
- Suited to both the novice and the experienced mushroom hunter, this book helps the reader identify mushrooms with the use of illustrations, descriptions, and environmental observations.
- Each mushroom section includes a detailed description, information about the mushroom's biology, tips on where the mushroom is most likely to be found, and a short 'nutshell' description for quick reference.
- Bill Russell's Field Guide to the Wild Mushrooms of Pennsylvania and the Mid-Atlantic helps the reader learn just that--specifically for the often-neglected East Coast mushrooms of the United States and Canada.
- The book is divided into the four seasons, each with its unique mushroom offerings.