Biolite CampStove -
A eco-friendly cooking source for green backpackers and campers, the BioLite CampStove lets you leave the stove fuel and cumbersome portable electronics chargers at home. This unique, wood burning stove combines the benefits of a backpacking stove and an portable power charger so you can cook a meal while charging your gadgets at a backcountry campsite. Patent-pending thermoelectric technology allows the CampStove to converts heat into electricity, which runs a built-in fan for a more efficient fire AND powers a built-in USB charger for small electronics. Designed to use twigs, sticks, and other biomass gathered locally, this stove requires no petroleum-based fuel and throw-away canisters. Easy to haul, the BioLite CampStove weighs just 33 oz. and measures just 8-1/4'' x 5''. Stove also makes a great addition to an emergency pack, so you always have a cooking source when you don't have power. Comes with stove, stuff sack, firelighter, instructions, and USB cord.
- Due to federal shipping restrictions regarding products with hazardous or flammable materials, this product can only be shipped via ground transportation. We’re sorry, but Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air, USPS Priority or Express shipping are not available for this item. Additionally, this product cannot be shipped to Canada, Hawaii, Alaska, Catalina Island, Puerto Rico, APO, FPO or international addresses. Thanks for your understanding.
Support and Cushioning:
- Stove will support a pot weight of 8 lb. (1 gallon of liquid)
- ~ 1.6 oz. (46 g) of wood will boil 1 L of water
- ~ 1 L of water will boil in about 4.5 min. (varies based on fire strength)
- ~ Burning biomass reduces your carbon footprint by eliminating the need for heavy, expensive, and polluting petroleum gas and keeping empty fuel canisters out of landfills
- USB port provides 2W of power at 5V to charge small devices, such as LED lights and Smartphones; 20 minutes of charge time provides 60 minutes of talk time on an iPhone 4S (charging times vary by device and fire strength)
- Anodized aluminum legs provide stability and fold in for compact storage
- Stove burns renewable biomass for fuel (twigs, pinecones, wood pellets, etc.)
- Lightweight screen on the exterior protects hot metal surfaces
- Power module houses a thermoelectric generator to convert heat to electricity; also contains a small microprocessor to manage the flow of power to the fan and USB port
- Copper probe regulates the flow of heat to the thermoelectric generator while jets circulate air throughout the fuel chamber; by regulating the flow of air through fuel, the high-temp steel fuel chamber gasifies wood to promote clean combustion
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
If you've been trying to find a way to pack a little lighter, be a little greener, and have a little more fun when cooking in the wilderness, then the BioLite CampStove is exactly what you're looking for! This innovative stove will simultaneously boil water and charge your gadgets using biomass, which decreases your carbon footprint and eliminates the need to carry the extra weight of a solar charging panel and fuel canisters.